First 9 Weeks Objectives
* We will express ideas with art principles in a word design.
* We will create original works of art with a variety of media.
* We will record in a journal the steps of the art-making process, including brainstorming,
preliminary sketching, and planning in a Greek vase drawing.
* We will exercise increasing skill and control in the use of marker and color pencil to create a bug
* We will use a variety of techniques in a perspective drawing.
* We will apply art elements to digital design.
* We will communicate personal ideas, experiences, and narratives through the creation of works of art in through sketches and rendering.
* We will apply Elements of Art and Principles of Design in a pastel landscape.
* We will apply a variety of techniques (e.g., gesture, continuous line) in observational
drawings of a images.
* We will use modeling, assembling, or carving to create a three-dimensional
* We will describe ways artists contribute to society in studies of famous works of art.
* We will use critical inquiry skills when describing, responding to, interpreting, and
evaluating their work and classmates.
* We will describe and communicate ideas and emotions in art.
* We will apply the Art Elements and Principles of Design.