PLEASE, PLEASE…unless it is an emergency, do not call the office with messages after 3:00. This is the busiest time of the day. Staff may not have sufficient time to get the message to your child.
- IF…your child is absent, access ParentVue and report it there.
- IF…you take your child to the doctor or dentist, please send in a physician's excuse.
- IF…you want to bring your child to school early please do not drop him/her off before 8:00. Doors will not be opened to students before 8:00.
- IF…your child wishes to eat breakfast, he/she can eat between 8:20 and 8:40. He/she must go to his holding area first, and leave his/her book bag.
- IF…your child is tardy to school, he/she must report to the main office to sign in, and then go to his/her house office for a pass to class. Please send a note (preferably a doctor’s note) to explain the reason for the tardy. Excessive tardies, other than doctor visits, may result in disciplinary consequences.
- IF…your child needs to leave early, please send an early dismissal report through ParentVue. The house secretary will give him/her a pass which will release the child at the appropriate time. You must sign your child out in the main office.
- IF…you have an emergency and must pick up your child early, call school as early as possible, especially before 2:00 p.m. After that time, we must interrupt the entire class to notify your child, and we would prefer not to do that.
- IF…your child wants to ride a different bus home with a friend, please send a note with your child indicating the bus number your child will be riding. The house secretary will write a bus pass to ride the friend’s bus.
- IF…you are picking up your child at the end of the day, send a note to school telling whether you are going to pick him/her up in the main office or whether you are going to pick him/her up in the car rider line on the side of the building.
- IF…your child is a walker, he will be dismissed at second bus call. This also applies to members of sports teams that practice at Blue Ridge.
Last Modified on October 7, 2020