Loudoun County Public School
Earth Science Teacher
1992 to present
- Started as a split position teacher (Broad Run and Loudoun County).
- Loudoun County High for 3 years.
- 1995 was a split position teacher for Broad Run and Park View.
- 1996 full time Earth Science teacher at Broad Run.
- 2000 full time Earth Science teacher at Stone Bridge High School.
- 2003 to present full time Earth Science teacher at Potomac Falls High School
- Initially taught a combination of General and Academic Earth Science. The last 2 years have been split between Academic and Honors Earth Science.
- 89% -90% (average for 3 years) of students passed the SOL
- Co-authored County Blueprint for Alignment of Earth Science SOLs to the block schedule.
March 2010 acquired a Masters Degree in Educational Curriculum and Technology
- Taught Geospacial Information System (regular and dual enrollment) for 2011-2012
Diocese of Arlington-Paul IV High School Fairfax, Virginia 1989- 1992
Earth/Physical Science and Geology/Environmental Science Teacher
Wills-Chalmers Property Management Co. Inc. Vienna, Virginia
- Taught Freshman Earth and Physical Science
- Taught Junior/Senior Level course on Physical Geology and Environmental Science.
- 1986-1987 Assistant Property Manager
First American Bank of Virginia McLean, Virginia
- 1983-1986 Customer Service Representative
Digicon, Inc. Houston, Texas
- 1981-1983 Senior Processing Geophysist
Western Geophysical Company of America, Inc. Houston, Texas
Personal: Married 31 years with 3 children. Widowed in 2012. Resided in Loudoun County since 1990. Original Northern Virginia resident.
- 1979-1981 Geophysical Technician