RESEARCH EARTH SCIENCE (H)
Welcome to Honors Earth Science.
Required 1) Workbook
Supplies 2) 3-ring binder, at least 1-1/2 inches & Pocket folder (for daily use)
3) College Rule Paper
4) 3 ring binder (1 inch) and 10 (minimum) dividers for Project work
5) Pen AND Pencil
Home supplies: scissors, ruler with standard and metric gauge, colored pencils, tape and glue.
1 1. We will follow the guidelines set forth in the student handbook, particularly those items pertaining to testing procedures.2. Students should come to class prepared to begin work immediately.
3. Tests will be taken on the day scheduled; test dates will generally be announced at the beginning of each unit.
4. Arrangements for make-up tests due to absence, like all make-up work is the sole responsibility of the student. If you miss the day of a test, you should plan to take the test the day you return to school. If you miss the day before a test, you will be expected to take the test with the rest of the class. For longer absences SEE ME, TALK TO ME PRIVATELY-- NOT WHILE I AM TAKING THE ROLL OR TEACHING CLASS!!! Make up test will not usually be the same test the rest of the class took.5. Most class work cannot be made up. When you miss class, you miss a once in a lifetime opportunity. Homework is due on the day assigned. Lab work must be made up during the 1st flex by appointment with the teacher.6. You are here to learn, this cannot be accomplished unless you are listening to the lesson or instructions. You cannot listen and talk, comb hair, or pick at the person next to you: these behaviors are not appropriate to the classroom.
7. Students will be in their seats when the bell rings- tardiness is not acceptable. We will follow the tardy procedure outlined in the agenda.
8. All students must sign, have their parents sign, and return the form on laboratory rules and the letter on make-up work before they will be permitted to participate in labs.
9. Laboratory work handed in one calendar day late will incur a 10% penalty. No credit will be awarded for late homework, however I will look it over and correct it for you if you ask me too. Makeup work for absences of more than one day must be discussed with the teacher and a written time line agreed upon. Please consider making arrangements by email if you must be out more than 2 days.
1. To figure your percentage grade for each assignment divide the points you received by the points possible, then multiply by 100. Homework and classwork grades are formative grades, Tests, quiz, and lab grades are summative grades.
2. Your numerical grade for each quarter is a percentage of the total points you received during the 9 weeks.
Grade Distribution 75% from tests
10% from lab evaluations5% from workbook10% from project workLate Work I will not asses late class or homework. If you want me to go over late work, or discuss the material with you, make an appointment with me. Theseappointments will be outside of regular school hours and will be at my convenience. I suggest you keep an open mind when requesting a date and time tomeet with me.Please consider making arrangements via email for absences in excess of 2 days.