Welcome to Earth Science. This sheet contains information that will make you first year of science at Potomac Falls High School an academically profitable one.
Required supplies: 1) Workbook
2) 3-ring binder, at least 1&1/2 inches
3) College Rule Paper
4) Pocket folder(3 ring style recommended)
5) Pen AND Pencil
Home sSupplies: scissors, ruler with standard and metric gauge, colored pencils, tape and glue.
1. We will follow the guidelines set forth in the student handbook, particularly those items pertaining to testing procedures.
2. Students should come to class prepared to begin work immediately.3. Tests will be taken on the day scheduled; test dates will generally be announced at the beginning of each unit.
4. Arrangements for make-up tests due to absence, like all make-up work is the sole responsibility of the student. If you miss the day of a test you should plan to take the test the day you return to school. If you miss the day before a test you will be expected to take the test with the rest of the class. For longer absences SEE ME, TALK TO ME PRIVATELY-- NOT WHILE I AM TAKING THE ROLL OR TEACHING CLASS!!! Make up test will not usually be the same test the rest of the class took.
5. Most class work experiences cannot be made up. When you miss class you miss a once in a lifetime opportunity. Homework is due on the day assigned, no late homework will be accepted; if you are absent follow the procedures in your student handbook. Lab work must be made up during the 1st flex you return to school by appointment with the teacher. It is your responsibility to approach the teacher about makeup work.
6. You are here to learn, this cannot be accomplished unless you are listening to the lesson or instructions. You cannot listen and talk, comb hair, or pick at the person next to you: these behaviors are not appropriate to the classroom.7. Students will be in their seats when the bell rings, prepared to start class. Points will be awarded to those students who are consistently present, on time and prepared for class.8. All students must sign, have their parents sign, and return the form on laboratory rules and the letter on make-up work before they will be permitted to participate in labs.
9. Laboratory work handed in one calendar day late will incur a 10% penalty. Late homework will not be accepted for a grade, however I will look it over for you if you ask me too.
1. To figure your percentage grade for each assignment divide the points you received by the points possible, then multiply by 100. Homework and classwork grades are formative grades, Tests, quiz, and lab grades are summative grades.
2. Your numerical grade for each quarter is a percentage of the total points you received during the 9 weeks.
Distribution: Approximately 75% from Tests
15% from Lab Evaluations
10% from WorkbookStudent Work
Power Point presentation for each days class is uploaded into VISION available via LSPCGO. Tests dates will be announced in class and will show up on the first slide of the days Power Point.
I will not assess late class or home work. If you want me to go over late work, or discuss the material with you, make an appointment with me. These appointments will be out of school hours and therefore, will be available at my convenience. You need to keep an open mind when requesting an appointment.If you are going to be out more than 2 days, please make arrangements via email.