* SOL Testing Overview Schedule (April 26 - June 2) - Please click here to view our SOL testing calendar. You will also find information on make-ups and retakes. Students: Please check your LCPS STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT for your personal testing schedule (dates, times, & locations) sent in an email on April 26 from Mr. Vogl, Testing Coordinator.
* SOL Testing Refusals - Please click here. There is a link to an online form at the bottom of that webpage parents may use to refuse SOL tests this year.
* AP Testing Information - Please click here for the updated AP testing schedule (pages 3-4).
DIGITAL EXAMS: Please click here for instructions on downloading the AP Digital App. If you have trouble fully downloading the app, please click here for additional instructions. Finally, please click here for the official College Board digital guide. Pages 70-72 explains how to do the final set-up you must do 1-3 days before *each* digital exam you are taking.
IN-SCHOOL PAPER TESTS: Please click here for exam day information.
* AP Testing Cancelation & Refunds - Please follow the instructions posted here.
Graduation RequirementsAll students are required to pass a certain number of Standards of Learning (SOL) tests in order to obtain verified credits for graduation. A verified credit (VC) is earned when the student passes both the course and SOL test.
There are eleven Standards of Learning (SOL) tests for students in grades 9-12.
ENGLISH: Reading, Writing
MATH: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2
SCIENCE: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry
HISTORY: World History 1, World History 2, Virginia & US History
* UNDERGRADUATES (Grades 9-11): Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) changed the graduation requirements for students starting 9th grade in the 2018-2019 school year and beyond. Five (5) verified credits (Reading, Writing, 1 Math, 1 Science, & 1 History) is needed to graduate regardless of diploma type.
* SENIORS (Grade 12): The table below shows how many SOL tests a non-transfer Senior needs to earn an Advanced or Standard Diploma.
English (Reading & Writing)
Math (Alg 1, Alg 2, Geom)
Science (Bio, Chem, Earth Sci)
History (US Hist, WH1, WH2)
Floater (1 more SOL of choice)
Our Testing Coordinator, Mr. Vogl, is in his 5th year at Potomac Falls. Mr. Vogl previously served for seven years as a high school assessment coach in Fairfax County. He has unique experience in developing national math and science tests, and has taught both Algebra 1 and Earth Science. Mr. Vogl is also a former TV meteorologist - please ask him about the weather!Our Testing Coordinator strives to help every student on their road to on-time graduation, working closely with administrators, counselors, and teachers throughout the year. Please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Vogl at Matthew.Vogl@lcps.org if you have any questions or concerns.Potomac Falls Mission Statement
At Potomac Falls, we value building relationships, working hard, and making connections to ensure students are life, college, and career ready. Thank you for visiting!