School Board Abbreviated Attendance Zone Change Process
On January 24, 2023, the Loudoun County School Board will consider three distinct attendance zone recommendations that are proposed to take effect in fall 2023, with the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
- Elementary school students living in LCPS Planning Zones EL36.1 and EL36.2 (including the Kincora/Kincora Village community), currently within the Sterling Elementary School attendance zone, are being recommended to attend Steuart W. Weller Elementary School. Based on prior Board action, secondary school students will be assigned to Belmont Ridge Middle School and Riverside High School beginning fall 2023.
- Elementary school students living in LCPS Planning Zone CL24 (including the Church & Market, Crescent Place, King Street Station and Monroe Manor communities), currently within the Catoctin Elementary School attendance zone, are being recommended to attend Frances Hazel Reid Elementary School. Based on prior Board action, secondary school students will be assigned to Smart's Mill Middle School and Tuscarora High School beginning fall 2023.
- Future students who will reside in a new Leesburg area community, Cattail Run, are being recommended to attend Ball's Bluff Elementary School, Smart's Mill Middle School and Tuscarora High School.
School Board Policy and Regulation 6530, Changing School Attendance Zones, outlines the abbreviated attendance zone change process which includes circumstances when an abbreviated process can be initiated by the School Board: charter school conversion, new residential development, minimal overcrowding and/or cluster alignment (involving ten percent or less of a school’s current student enrollment) or emergency need.
If you are not sure in what LCPS planning zone you reside, use the LCPS Attendance Boundary E-Listing - providing your home address and selecting 'Current School Year.'
- January 2023 Parent Letter - Kincora (EL36.1 & EL36.2 ) Proposed Elementary School Attendance Zone Change English Spanish
- January 2023 Parent Letter - Leesburg Area (CL24) Proposed Elementary School Attendance Zone Change English Spanish
Send an email with any questions and/or comments on the attendance zone change recommendations. All correspondence and information received from members of the public will be shared with the School Board.
School Board Attendance Zone Meetings
January 10, 2023 School Board Meeting - Abbreviated Attendance Zone Change Process
January 24, 2023 School Board Meeting - Information Item
February 14, 2023 School Board Meeting - Attendance Zone Public Hearing & Action Item
School Board Policies & Regulations
School Board Policy 8160, Exceptions to School Assignment Due To Attendance Zone Change
School Board Policy 5080, Class Sizes
School Board Policy 2520, Participation by the Public