Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Book By James Lapine
Monday, November 28th - Vocal Auditions
Tuesday, November 29th - Vocal Auditions
Wednesday, November 30th - Dance Auditions
Thursday, December 1st - Callbacks
Friday, December 2nd - First Read Through!
What to Prepare:
- ONE song selection in your vocal range from the Audition Packet
- The song on pg 10 of the Audition Packet ("Into the woods, I have to go. I hate to leave, I have to, though..."
- If you only want to be in the Ensemble, there is no need to prepare a song other than what is on pg 10
- Please familiarize yourself with the soundtrack, characters and everything about the show that you can (once we know what show it is that we're doing). The more you know about the show and the characters, the easier everything will be!
If you want to work with Ms. B on your audition pieces, feel free to visit her in the Black Box during 3rd, 4th or 8th Block on the 21st and 22nd.
By auditioning, you agree to be available and on-time (aka early) for all rehearsals and performances, except for previously approved absences.
- Know what the character wants from the other person (yes, even in your songs!). The stronger the intention, the less your nerves will get in the way.
- Make clear choices. Have a point of view!
- Have fun!
follow us for the latest