How often should I charge or turn on my LCPS assigned device?
The computer should be plugged into a power source and charged. Once charged, the computer can be unplugged and powered off. Please power it on and log in at least once every two weeks, so that it can receive important software updates.
How should an LCPS assigned device be stored when not in use?
When not being used, create a ‘home’ for the computer and charger. Storing them in the same place means you will always know where they are. Choose a location with these things in mind:
- Horizontal on a flat surface (not located where it will be stepped on, sat on, or knocked off)
- Away from any heat, direct sunlight, and water
- Not stored in a bag that could be thrown or packed too tightly
- Far from drinks or food
Are students or staff permitted to travel with their LCPS assigned device?
You may travel with the computer, remembering that it is LCPS property. It is your responsibility to keep the computer safe and secure.
Should LCPS provided devices be shared with others?
Each computer is given to one LCPS student for their schoolwork. It should not be shared with others.
My computer or charger is broken. What do I do?
Accidents happen. If a student's device is damaged, they may ask their teacher to schedule time with the school's Digital Experience Specialist to have their device or charger repaired. Devices have a limited warranty that covers most accidents, but does not cover negligent or accidental claims. In order to submit a device for repair, the student must explain how it occurred (e.g. I dropped the device while walking to class). Without the explanation of "how" damage occurred, a claim will not be approved and the family may be liable for the repair costs.
My student/staff computer or charger was lost/stolen. What do I do?
- For computers: Contact the school's assigned Digital Experience Specialist. They will assist with submitting a property damage claim and remotely locking your device.
- For chargers: You may purchase a replacement charger from here: https://bit.ly/MySchoolBucks.
- Visit the technology store
- Login with existing account or make a new account
- Enter the technology store
- Find 300e Chromebook student charger
- Charger will be mailed to you
- Alternatively, you may use the open market to find a replacement so long as the model of the charger is an official Lenovo replacement and not a 3rd party brand. If you do not return your charger at the time of turn-in, you may be invoiced by the school division.