Your child will be given a Take-Home Folder at the beginning of the school year. This folder will be sent back and forth between school and home, and will serve as a source of communication between you and your child's teacher (along with Class Dojo)! Please make sure it is in your child's backpack before sending your child to school each day.
Although homework is not formally assigned in Kindergarten, we do ask that you practice at home the skills being taught in school! Here are a few things you can do with your child:
- Please read with your child every night!
- Practice how to write their first and last name
- Practice identifying letter names and letter sounds
- Practice reading sight words
- Practice identifying the names of shapes (circle, square, rectangle, triangle), how many sides each shape has, how many corners (vertices) each shape has
- Practice counting to 100 by 1s and 10s