Rising Seniors Class of 2022-23-Immunization Information
Immunization Requirements for Rising Seniors (Class of 2023).
It is a requirement of the Commonwealth of VA that all students entering the 12th grade receive:
- One dose of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccine after the child’s 16th birthday if they’ve never received a dose.
- A second dose of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccine if the first dose was given before the child’s 16th birthday.
Twelfth grade students cannot begin school on August 25th without documentation of the Meningococcal
If available before the end of the 2021/22 school year, documentation may be provided to your
student’s current school. Documentation received after the last day of school must be provided
to the school your student will be attending in the fall as soon as possible; no later than August
Acceptable documentation includes:
• A copy of your student's immunization record, signed/stamped by the provider, showing the date
the immunization was given.
• A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the immunization was given.
• A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption for a
student who cannot receive the immunization due to medical reasons.
• A notarized Religious Exemption Form which is available on the LCPS website – Families –
Loudoun County Health Department will be hosting a free Meningococcal conjugate (MenACWY)
vaccination event at Heritage High School on June 21st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If interested, please fill out the consent form (linked down below), and bring it to the school nurse. If you're unable to do so, please bring the form on the day of the event.
Address: 520 Evergreen Mills Road Leesburg, VA 20175
Immunization Appointments are available from the Loudoun County Health Department
Loudoun County Health Department
102 Heritage Way NE, Leesburg
703-777-0236 – Call for appointment
● You will need to submit a copy of your student’s immunization record to the
Health Department to schedule an appointment.
● MenACWY vaccine will be administered at no cost to the family