Meet Your RVHS Family Liaison
Your Riverside High School Family Liaison is Mrs. Sam Upson-Smith. She can be reached at Samantha.UpsonSmith@lcps.org.
Please join the Family Liaison Remind group by texting @rvhsfl2023 to 81010 or https://www.remind.com/join/rvhsfl2023.
Greetings Riverside families! I have been the Family Liaison for Riverside High School since April 2023. Prior to joining The Ram Fam I was a School Counselor at Longfellow Middle School in Falls Church, VA. I received my Master’s Degree in School Counseling from William & Mary and my Bachelors in Administration of Justice from George Mason University. I was born in Nairobi, Kenya and have lived in seven countries on five continents (I have been to six…ask me which one I have left to visit) and two States. In my spare time I love to travel, hike, read, and play games with family and friends. I have an 8th grader and 10th grader in LCPS and am an active member on one PTSA and two PTSOs (including our amazing PTSO - everyone should join to get the inside scoop and connect further with our Ramily). I love supporting our school's cluster and am excited to work with the students, families, and staff at Riverside.
What Family Liaisons Do:
- Connect students and families with resources
- Contact an interpreter for school personnel and/or a parent
- Communicate and refer parent/student needs with administration, school counseling, school social workers and teachers
- Refer parents/students to other school personnel as appropriate
- Collaborate with PTSO and in-school network of resources for students/families
- Contact local/outside of school resource
These are some of the ways she can assist:
- Free/reduced breakfast and lunch applications
- School supplies
- School fee waivers
- Sanitary products
- Weekend food sourcing
- Homecoming / Prom assistance
- Loudoun County agency referrals (medical / dental / vision)
- Coordinate translator services
Feel free to use the navigation pane on the left to explore information about resources available in the community. If you need help in any of these areas, please call School Counseling at 703-554-8907
Hours in the school building:
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am to 2:30pm
Friday: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Room L510
All conversations with the Family Liaison are strictly confidential, so do not hesitate to contact her with any questions or concerns you may have.
Yo hablo español
Degrees and Certifications: