Grade Recovery Information: 2021-2022 School Year
The following are the parameters in place for student recovery for the 2021-2022 school year. These parameters were developed to be in line with Policy 5030, LCPS Grading and Assessment and Regulation 5030-A:
- Any student who fails a course for a quarter or for the year (59% or lower) is required to have a formal recovery plan.
- Students are permitted to recover back as far as the previous quarter completed (During quarter 2, the student may recover quarter 1).
- Students may recover up to 80% of the value of any major summative from the previous quarter that had a grade below 80%.
- Minor summatives (worth less than 10% of a quarter grade) are not eligible for recovery.
- Work may consist of:
- Previously assigned work that has been failed/missed
- Newly created work developed by the CLT
- Content assigned from learning programs such as Edmentum
- Any student wishing to work outside any of these parameters must receive administrative approval from the supervising assistant principal for that particular department. Students can request a meeting with the appropriate assistant principal by completing this form (students must use their LCPS account to complete the form).
- These parameters apply to all courses except dual enrollment.