Degrees and Certifications:
The primary role of Family Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children.
How we accomplish our mission!
Family Liaisons work directly with the school Principal and staff by serving as a resource contact for parents within their school community. Family Liaisons’ provides parents with a variety of information about programs, school requirements, resources, special events, and/or activities.
What Family Liaisons Do:
- Connect students and families with resources
- Contact an interpreter for school personnel and/or a parent
- Communicate and refer parent/student needs with administration, school counseling, school social workers and teachers
- Refer parents/students to other school personnel as appropriate
- Collaborate with PTA and in-school network of resources for students/families
- Contact local/outside of school resources for students/families
- Help parents connect to ParentVUE