Social Media Guidelines
We welcome you to engage with Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages. The purpose of LCPS’ social media channels is to convey information about the district and its schools; promote and raise awareness of district and school services and activities; and communicate with parents, students, employees, and community members. LCPS’ social media channels are not intended to be a general public forum covering all topics.
LCPS does not agree with or endorse every comment or link that individuals post on its social media pages. While LCPS’s goal is to share relevant information and to accept the majority of comments, LCPS reserves the right to remove any comments or content that:
- are not topically related to the particular posting;
- contain individually identifiable student or personnel information;
- advocate the commission of a criminal act or violate LCPS policies and regulations;
- contain obscene, defamatory, harassing, discriminatory, violent, threatening, vulgar, or sexual language or material;
- engage in name calling and/or personal attacks;
- are intended to sell a product;
- are spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile; and
- violate legal ownership interest of another such as copyrighted material or trademark protected material.
Students are reminded that conduct on social media is covered in in the LCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities.
LCPS will not remove content simply because it disagrees with the writer’s viewpoint or the writer criticizes LCPS. If you have any questions concerning the operation of these social media channels, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated February 28, 2022