LCPS American Rescue Plan
On May 18, 2021, Interim Superintendent Scott Ziegler announced that Loudoun County Public Schools would return to school in the fall for five days of in-person instruction. “I am happy to announce that, beginning on the first day of school, LCPS will provide in-person, in-classroom instruction five days a week for all students for the 2021-2022 school year.”
We are also happy to announce that we are returning to school with additional funding that will be awarded to assist in the remediation of unfinished learning. ESSER III Grant Funds are to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impacts of COVID-19 on the nation’s students by addressing students’ academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs.
During the May 25, 2021 Board meeting, the motion to appropriate the ARP Act ESSER III Funds of $10.9 million was approved. ESSER III Funds spending plan is for the 2022-24 fiscal years. Loudoun County Public Schools will be using ARP ESSER III funds to cover learning loss and addressing students’ academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs.
Loudoun County Public Schools is planning, developing, and implementing procedures and systems for summer school activities, providing principals and other school leaders with the resources necessary to address their schools’ needs. Additionally, the staff has designated the following resources to assist our students that need additional support due to the pandemic:
- Unfinished Learning
- Student Academic, Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Needs
- English Learner Middle & High School Newcomer Summer Program
- Additional Elementary School Counselors
- Additional Teacher Assistants for First Grade in Elementary School
- Programs for “at-risk” students
LCPS is asking for your input on our spending plan as it relates to the ESSER III funds. Please send in your comments to our dedicated email address: LCPSARP@lcps.org.
Updates and Links
- American Rescue Plan ESSER Plan (Original)
- Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services (Updated 06/28/22)
- Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services (Original)
- Return to School Planning 2021-22
- Safe Return to In-Person Instruction – May 12, 2022
- Covid Funds Update – April 26, 2022
- Covid Relief Funds Infographic, August 17, 2022
- Covid FAQs