Before requesting a Recommendation Letter from your counselor you need to first submit your Know Thy Knight Forms. Your Know Thy Knight Forms are due to your counselor by September 27, 2021.
Steps to request a teacher recommendation letter:
- Ask your teacher(s) in person or via email if they are able to write you a recommendation letter for your college applications. Provide your teacher(s) with the colleges that are requiring a teacher recommendation letter and thier deadlines.
- Once you have confirmation from your teacher that they are able to write you a recommendation letter you can add the request in your Naviance account. If you are unsure of this process there is a video linked here.
- After your teacher has written and submitted your recommendation letter make sure to thank them for the letter and their time.
*Remember that your teachers are not obligated to write you a recommendation letter. It is important for you to think long and hard about what teachers would be able to write you a strong recommendation letter.
Are you requesting a recommendation letter from someone who isn't a Champe teacher?
If you are having someone outside of JCHS write a letter for you, please follow this process:
- Sign in to your Common Application account
- Click on My Colleges
- On the left hand side go to Recommendations & FERPA
- Scroll down to Other Recommender
- Click Add another and input the name, title and email address
- An email will be sent from Common Application to your recommender with a link to submit their letter and evaluation.