Need more hours? Check these out!
Inova Loudoun Hospital - Leesburg, VA
Inova Loudoun hospital volunteers are men, women, young adults, and teenagers from the Northern Virginia and Loudoun County area. Each year our volunteers give more than 50,000 hours of their time to our hospital, team members, patients and visitors. Volunteer Opportunities are available for those 16 years of age and older.
Our volunteers support over 40 departments at our Lansdowne, Ashburn and Leesburg campuses. Volunteers assist team members, patients, visitors and families. Assignments require a regular commitment of one consistent volunteer shift per week for a minimum period of six months.
- Assisting with answering phones, helping to make copies, file, and assist with data entry and clerical support
- Interacting with visitors, patients and guests; helping with directions; answering questions, providing information and helping in our gift shop
- Helping in our clinical areas with stocking patient rooms with supplies, assisting with directions, speaking with patients, families, and visitors, and making kits for team members
- Assisting at our Inova Nursing and Rehabilitation Center with specific resident activities and special event
Children's Science Center - Fairfax, VA
Our volunteers are the backbone of the Children’s Science Center. You don’t need a math or science background or any specific experience to help out; you just need a lot of enthusiasm and a little bit of time. It is a great way to get involved and have fun! Our corps of volunteers has done everything from staff our community programs to write for the newsletter and much more. We welcome and appreciate any help and any amount of time you can offer. Every year, hundreds of people volunteer with us! We offer a variety of opportunities for children, teens, adults and groups depending on your interests and availability:
- Occasional, short term or regular commitment
- Behind the scenes or direct interaction with children
- Advance instructions and/or training may be provided.
- At home, at our office, or around the region at our events
- For important questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q?Crew - Washington, DC
Are you interested in science? Do you like talking to people? Are you in high school and looking for opportunities to volunteer? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you are probably a great fit for the all-teen volunteer group, Q?Crew, at the National Museum of Natural History.
- Meet new friends and geek out over science together
- Gain new science skills and communicate with people from around the world
- Gain community service hours that you can use for graduation if your school requires them
- Get special access to behind-the-scenes tours
- Learn about current science research from scientists and experts
- Free IMAX and Butterfly Pavilion tickets
- Discounts at all Smithsonian Museum Stores
- Free rides on the Smithsonian Carousel
- The opportunity to become part of the Q?Crew family of teens that call the National Museum of Natural History “home”
Fit the Description?
- 13-19 years old and currently enrolled in high school
- Live in the D.C. Metro area
- Available starting at the end of June
- Committed to serving at least 100 hours by November
- Can sign up for at least two 4-hour shifts each month
For important questions, email YouthNMNH@si.edu.