Information for Parents of Rising 6th Graders to Farmwell Station Middle School 2021
*Important information from the Principal of Farmwell Station Middle School*
School Administration Contact Information:
Kathy Pollock (6th Grade Dean) firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicholas Zimbrano (6th Grade Counselor) email@example.com
Sherryl Loya (Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is presentation that explains the choices your child has made by the music teachers at Discovery.
You can also meet Farmwell Middle School music teachers for a live google meet on Thursday, February 18th at 7pm!
Here is the link : g.co/meet/fsmsmusic
Music Test Drive Sessions
Here is some information from Farmwell Middle School teacher:
- Due to Covid 19 restrictions, we are unable to have in-person music instrument test drives.
- This traditional event allowed rising 6th graders to try all band/orchestra instruments to make selection as straight-forward as possible.
- LCPS requires all 6th grade students sign up for a music class (Band, Strings, Chorus, Music Lab). As a substitute to our in-person music test drive event, we are creating informational videos that explain each instrument. If your child is interested in one of the band or strings instruments, he/she will want to watch our music test drive video.
- Our music classes are outstanding; the kids amaze themselves at how well they can learn to make music. We don’t want Covid 19 to overshadow this choice. If after watching the video, parents that have apprehensions/concerns/questions about anything – should reach out to our music teachers.
- The music videos will be sent with the course selection information.
Music Department Contact Information:
- Jennie Grimes (Band Director) email@example.com
- Sarah Geiger (Strings Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
- MaryAnn McNulty (Choir Director) email@example.com
Back to School 6th Grade Walk Through - Friday, August 20th from 1:00 pm–3:00 p.m.
Rising 6th grade students will receive their schedules and will be able to locate their classes before the first day of school.