If interested in doing BTW training through Tuscarora please go to this site for payment below.
- Registering for your free SchoolCash Online Account takes less then two minutes.
- Visit https://lcps.schoolcashonline.com/ and "Click" Register and follow the simple instructions to set up your account.
- If you are having any difficulties registering for an account, please contact the SchoolCash Online parent help desk by visiting schoolcashonline.com/Home/Support.
Behind the Wheel
Why take Behind the Wheel at THS?
- Behind the Wheel at THS is taught by Loudoun County Public Schools staff members. More so than any private company, our instructors communicate with teenagers on a daily basis. Our instructors have ties to the THS community and care about our students and their families.
- Behind the Wheel at THS is convenient. Our instructors will work to accommodate students’ busy schedules. We offer before-school, after-school, evening, and Saturday sessions to meet the needs of our students and their families.
- Behind the Wheel at THS is affordable. In fact, we are THE MOST affordable option available, and by far the best value program you will find.
What do I need before I sign up for Behind the Wheel?
- Valid Virginia learner’s permit.
- Completion of classroom Driver Education program (if currently enrolled in Driver Education at THS, students my concurrently enroll in Behind the Wheel with a THS instructor, provided they have completed 18 class periods with an “A” average) – Please note: If you completed Driver Education at a different school, we will need to get the “Certificate of Completion” (DEC-1 card) from that school.
- Students and parent(s) must complete the 45 hour log before student is eligible to receive their Temporary Driver’s License (Completion of a minimum of 25-30 hours is strongly encouraged before enrolling in Behind the Wheel).
- Students and parent(s) must attend a “Parents for Safe Teen Driving” presentation.
How do I sign up for Behind the Wheel?
- Contact Mr. Gryder at Dave.Gryder@LCPS.org.
What to expect from the THS Behind the Wheel program:
- A 7-day program designed to hone and assess the skills of student drivers.
- Students MUST be paired with another student driver for all seven sessions. Students wishing to be paired with a friend should let Ms. Vocke know when registering.
- During each session, the student will spend half the time driving, and the other half observing another student driver. Students will receive instruction while driving and while observing.
- Students will drive in various environments. Each session will be progressively more challenging than the last.
- The seventh and final session will consist of the Road Skills Evaluation. If the student passes the evaluation, they will be eligible to receive their Temporary Driver’s License (students who meet all other requirements can receive their TDL at the conclusion of their evaluation).