Enrollment and Registration
Only NEW students need to register for the new school year. Existing students will already be rolled and counted for next year.
At the beginning of the Online Pre-registration process, be sure to select the proper school year!
Please collect the following items prior to starting the Document Upload process:
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency
- Photo ID of registering parent/guardian.
- Previous school report card.
- Physical and Immunizations (including TB screening)
- Student photo (KG student registrations only)
Detailed information on the residency and parent ID documents can be found on the right side of the page under Documents needed for Registration
Create Electronic Versions
Please create one document for each category listed above. When uploading the documents, you will indicate the type of document, e.g. Photo ID and upload the document or image you created. Electronic versions of documents may be created with a scanner or with a mobile device:
- Computer with scanner – scan and save the document as PDF or JPG.
- Mobile devices* – take a photo and save to the photo app on your device.
*For best results, when taking a photo with a mobile device, place the document on a dark background and provide diffuse light.
Upload Documents in Online Pre-Registration
Online Pre-registrations which were completed will be reactivated for these updates. Use the Documents menu in Online Pre-registration to upload electronic copies.
- In your web browser go to https://register.lcps.org.
- Enter your User Name and Password. The Resume Enrollment** screen displays.
- Click Resume Registration.
- Click the Documents menu on the left.
- Each electronic document will be uploaded into its own category. As needed, de-select the Due to school closures... checkbox on a document category to enable the Upload button
- Click the Upload button for the Birth Verification category. For the Computer: Find and select the document saved on your computer and click Open. For Mobile Device: Tap Photo Library (iOS) or Documents (Android) and select the photo.
- Repeat the procedure for the other document categories. If you are unable to provide electronic copies of any of the required documents, select the Due to school closures… checkbox for that category. Complete this process and contact the school for options to provide documentation
- Click Save and Continue once all document categories are complete.
- Repeat for other students who are being registered then Submit the Online Pre-registration using the next step in this document.
Review and Re-Submit the Online Pre-Registration
- After you have uploaded documents for all the children you are pre-registering, click the green Review button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the registration data.
- Select the I have reviewed all registration data and verified that it is correct checkbox.
- Click Submit
Parents registering their children must provide proof of age, identity, county residency and immunizations. Review Documents Needed to Register for examples of acceptable verification documentation. If you are unable to produce these items, please contact the Senior Registrar at email@example.com or 571-252-1238.
Please contact your school to schedule an appointment to finalize the registration.
Registration packets are also available at your elementary school.
Once you have used the Online Pre-registration portal or completed all Paper Registration Forms, contact your child's zoned school to make a registration appointment. You must be residing in Loudoun County. Registrations will not be finalized until all required documentation has been accepted in person by the school.