2021-2022 History 7 Quarter Plans
Quarter 1 Nine Week Plan:
First week: Get to know you activities and Schoology practice through Geography mini lessons
- Reconstruction policies and their impact
- Reconstruction Amendments
- Influential people of the Reconstruction Era
Westward Expansion Unit:
- Reasons for Increased Westward Expansion
- Climate and Geography of the Great Plains
- Inventions and adaptations that impacted life on the Great Plains
- Impact of Westward Expansion on Native Americans
Quarter 2 Nine Week Plan:
- Wrap up Westward Expansion unit (if needed)
- Why did immigrants come to the United States during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s? What pushed or pulled them out of their home country?
- What was life like for immigrants once they arrived?
- How were immigrants discriminated against?
- What caused industries to grow?
- How did cities grow during this time?
- Captains of Industries
- Negative impacts of the growth of cities and industries
- How were workplace conditions improved?
- Women’s Suffrage
- Impacts of Booker T. Washington and W.E.B. DuBois
- Temperance Movement and their fight against the use of alcohol