Attendance will be taken every block during the first 5-10 minutes of class. Parents will be notified if the student is absent or tardy, by the automated Phoenix system.
All students who have selected to receive instruction in the building are expected to report to school on their designated day. However, because we want to make certain that everyone remains healthy and safe, we encourage students to stay home if they feel ill. In that case, they can attend class virtually from home and still be considered present.
In order to inform teachers and parents about the whereabouts of students, those who are present in the classroom will be marked with an “IP” (in-person) on the attendance report.
Parents should note that the procedure for reporting absences will remain the same. As a review, please follow these guidelines:
- Parents can continue to use ParentVUE to report their student’s attendance, tardy, and early dismissals. Once you are logged into ParentVUE, you will be prompted to the page with your child’s photo on it. To the right of your child’s photo, click report absences. Once here, you can indicate an absence, tardy, or early dismissal request for the student. You can upload your student’s medical documentation by simply taking a picture of the Doctor note with your mobile device.
- A Parent can fill out an absentee google form (http://bit.ly/FHSabs20). This is also located on FHS website’s homepage under absence reporting.
Please note that only a Parent can report their student’s absence in ParentVUE. Students do not have access to this attendance feature in StudentVUE. Also, only a parent and/or legal guardian may call or fill out the absentee google forms on our website. Any absence not confirmed by a parent/legal guardian will be considered unexcused.
Tardy Reporting for Students Coming into the Building
If the student is going to be tardy to school on his or her hybrid day, he or she must check in at the attendance office upon arrival. A parent can do one of two things:
- Log into ParentVUE. You will be prompted to the page with your child’s photo on it. To the right of their photo, click on report absences. This will take you to a screen where you can report if your student will be tardy on the day of instruction. You can also upload any medical documentation by simply taking a photo of it with your mobile device.
- A parent can fill out a tardy google form (http://bit.ly/FHStardy20). This is located on FHS website’s homepage, under absence reporting.
Please note we are not accepting phone calls or emails for your student’s tardy. Also, please do not use the Attendance line for your student’s tardiness.
Tardies will be determined on a per class basics. Arrival after the bell in person will be considered an unexcused tardy. Teachers will be documenting the student’s tardiness. They will communicate this information with administration and the parents.
Tardies and After School Activities
In order to participate in any after school activity such as sport practices, performing arts rehearsals, or club meetings, students must attend all classes and be logged into their virtual class by 9:30am, unless they have prior approval by the principal. In order for the tardy to be considered excused, the parent must have utilized ParentVUE the morning of the tardy and have uploaded all necessary documentation. You can do this by logging back into Parentvue under Report Absences, take a photo of the doctor’s note with your mobile device and upload.
Early Dismissal for Students in the building
The school needs to be informed if a student needs to leave instruction during the regular school day. If a student needs to leave on an in-person school day, the student will receive an E-Hall pass from the Attendance Office once the parent/guardian completes the process listed below. The student needs to show the teacher from their mobile device and/or Chromebook before the student is dismissed from class and check out at the attendance office.
All students must exit from the front of the building out the main entrance.
Early Dismissal for Students at Home
The school needs to be informed if a student needs to leave his/her learning during the regular school day. Parents can do one of (2) things:
- Log into ParentVUE. You will be prompted to the initial page with your child’s photo. To the right of their photo, click on REPORT ABSENCES. This will take you to a screen where you can report if your student has an Early Dismissal for the day of instruction. This must be submitted by 10:00 am on the day of the dismissal. You can also upload any medical documentation by simply taking a picture of it with your mobile device.
- A parent can fill out the EARLY DISMISSAL google form (http://bit.ly/FHSed20). This is located on FHS website’s homepage, under ABSENCE REPORTING. Once you click here, it will take you to the “report an Early Dismissal” form. The Early Dismissal request must be submitted before 10:00am on the day of the instruction.
Please note we are not accepting emails or phone calls for early dismissals. Also, please do not use the Attendance phone line for your student’s early dismissals.
Early Dismissals and After School Activities:
If your student has an early dismissal, please note that they will not be able to participate in any after school activity such as sport practices, performing arts rehearsals, or club meetings, unless they return to virtual learning and the parent submits medical documentation. If you utilized ParentVUE to submit your student’s early dismissal that morning, you can go back into ParentVUE, take a photo of the doctor’s note with your mobile device and upload. In order for the student to participate, the note should be received by 3:45 p.m. on the day of instruction.
Seniors who have completed the Early Release Permission Click will have Early Release on their schedule in StudentVUE. If students originally requested Early Release but did not complete the required Permission Click, they have been placed in Study Hall until completion of this requirement.
All students with Early Release must immediately exit through the front door, and leave school property.