The Mercer Tech team cannot reset passwords.
Students and Staff have received multiple requests/reminders to set this up. It only works, if it is set up 😊
What is this?
Setting up password recovery is a simple process that allows users who have either forgotten their password or are locked out of their account to authenticate with an additional factor and repair the problem, without the delay of asking for help. In simple terms:
- have you ever received a “code” via text?
- received an e-mail with a link you may click to reset your password?
- had to answer questions about the name of your first pet, your oldest sibling’s middle name?
That is password recovery. It only works if you set it up. There are three options and while we encourage you to setup all three, you only need to setup one. If you do not want to enter your personal cell phone or e-mail address, then simply chose the 3 question option.
Hint: Do not use your LCPS e-mail. Use your personal e-mail. Make sure the phone number you enter can receive text messages. Complete the verification process for both the phone number and the email
Additional Password Help DocumentsForgot your password or locked out of your account?
- Follow these steps.
- You may do this from any location.
- If you receive the error message that “no password recovery option was setup for this account” … this means unfortunately you did not take the action requested above and you will need to contact the DDI Help Desk for further assistance.
- You may reach the DDI Help Desk at 571-252-2112 – Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Once you have access to our account, we encourage you to setup password recovery options
- If you’d like to change your password – follow these steps
- You may directly access LCPSgo at go.lcps.org
For Staff Only
My computer still wants my old password
- When you change your password it will change many different places (email, LCPSGo, etc). One of the places it usually changes is the password you use to login into the actual computer. If you are NOT on the LCPS network (like you’re at home!) – the password you use to login to the actual computer – will NOT change until you are on the LCPS network. In this case, you will use your new password to login to most applications (email, LCPSGo, etc) and you still use your old password to login to the actual computer. This is OK and when you are back at school and on the LCPS network - the computer will update and realize your password changed.
- Example: My password is Apple$12. I change my password to Apple$13. I will use Apple$13 when I login to LCPSGo, e-mail, Google, etc .. but until I am back on the LCPS Network I will still use Apple$12 to login to my actual computer.
My password isn’t working
- The other typical confusion we see with passwords … actually is staff enter the wrong username. The following formats are options to try (capitalization does not matter for user names):
- jdoe (log on to your device)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (usually for Microsoft products like One Drive, Outlook, etc.)
- John.Doe@lcps.org (LCPS Google account, etc.)
- If you need additional help, please call the DDI help desk. You may reach them at 571-252-2112 – Monday from Friday from 8am to 5pm
- The payroll department handles Oracle, it has a different password and you may call the Oracle Help Desk at 571-252-1880 (Press 4) with any problems. If you have to leave a message, please leave your name, your PID and the best number for them to return your call.