A few important highlights:
- School is closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- There is a LCPS Hotline (571-252-6499, live person) for anyone who has questions about COVID-19 impact on LCPS, Monday - Friday 8am-5pm or you may visit https://www.lcps.org/COVID19.
- LCPS has developed a website for families with resources that can be used with students to reinforce skills and knowledge that have been previously taught (https://www.lcps.org/ContinuityOfEducation).
- Mental Health, Wellness and Community Resources for Families can be found here: https://www.lcps.org/domain/31226. The list of resources includes Access to Basic Needs.
County, Financial & Legal Resources
- Information and Referral Line
Loudoun County provides an Information and Referral Line for assistance in many areas including food resources, child and adult care assistance, housing services, employment services, medical, dental and mental health and legal assistance.
Call 703-777-0420 Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Language interpretation services available at no cost.
- Rental Assistance
Rental assistance through Loudoun Department of Family Services continues to be available. Families need to be able to show loss of income, submit a W-9, paystub, and some type of lease. For those residents without access to a scanner or printer, rental property offices have been helpful about letting tenants use their equipment. Due to need, this rental assistance has been expanded to cover up to 3 months. Call the Loudoun County Information & Referral Hotline at 703-777-0420
- Loudoun County Government has published a downloadable check list and application in Spanish. Residents may also submit an application online. Everything partner organizations and residents need to know is posted on our website here: https://www.loudoun.gov/LRA. Residents who need assistance with applications may call our Information and Referral line at 703-777-0420.
Loss of Income Assistance
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington and Loudoun Cares are offering financial support to individuals impacted by COVID-19 that led to a loss of wages or the loss of employment. Individuals who live in Loudoun County and are in need of financial assistance may contact the COVID-19 Emergency Fund and Helpline at 703-669-5040. Callers will need to leave a message; calls will be returned within 48 hours. Financial assistance is limited due to demand. Please see flyer for eligibility information.
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia is a nonprofit law firm providing free legal counsel to the region's low income and neediest populations on matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see flyer for more details and contact information.
- Information on other Loudoun County resources can be found on this flyer: English or Spanish.
- LCPS Provided Mobile Internet Hotspots
LCPS has made an initial purchase of mobile internet hotspots to help ensure continuity of access to internet-based instructional resources for students and staff during an extended closure. LCPS is prioritizing the distribution of hotspots to students in grades 3-12 to households with the greatest needs, with a limit of one hotspot per household. Hotspot devices could be available for distribution as early as the week of March 23. To request a device, families/staff must: Complete the online form or Call the LCPS Technology Support Center at 571-252-2112 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
- Comcast Free Internet Access
Comcast is offering their Internet Essentials package free for new, low-income customers for 60 days. For more information and to apply, go to https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19.
- LCPS Continuity of Education
- PASTA Free Virtual Tutoring
PASTA (Peers and Students Taking Action) has put together a program to offer free virtual tutoring to all interested elementary students in Loudoun County. They will be matching students with high school tutors who will schedule sessions 2-3/week for around 30 minutes. To sign up, visit https://forms.gle/3xpfHfJzxtm1UKXA6