Dear First Grade Families,
While we are staying safe inside to prevent the spread of the coronavirus we suggest that you make sure your child is continuing to learn at home. With your help we can make sure they are continuing to advance skills in reading, writing and practicing important math concepts. Please see below and use this website as options while our school is closed.
The First Grade Team
First Grade Resources:
Distance Learning Hyperdocs:
- Reading Log - Continue to use this month's reading log to document your child's reading efforts.
- Raz-Kids (on LCPS Go) - Use this personalized learning tool for your child to read on their current reading level. Have your child listen to books and answer comprehension questions based on where they are reading. You can hook up a microphone and your child can record themsevles reading the stories. Your child's teacher can stay invovled by assigning reading assignements and listen to their oral reading skills.
- Other LCPS Go Resources for reading - Tumblebooks and MackinVIA are great places to read more books!
- Have your child pick a book from home and complete one of the graphic organizers to retell the story thinking about the beginning, middle, end, characters, problem and solution in the story! Feel free to have them do one each day for checking comprehension skills.
- BME Movie
- BME Turtle
- Problem Bowling
- Problem BBall
- March Writing Prompts, April Writing Prompts
- Monthly Writing Prompt Booklets from Elementary at HEART
- Daily Journal - Use this resource to make a daily journal for your child to practice their writing skills. Encourage them to write on the front and back and illustrate their page. Tell them they can bring it in when they go back to share with the class.
- How To Catch A Leprechaun - Use pages from this to help your child brainstorm to make their leprechaun trap. Set it up at home and see if you can catch one!
- Daily Handwriting Practice
- Handwriting Book
- Make sure your child is able to read and write Sight Words for quarter 3. If they have mastered them move on to Quarter 4.
- Electronic Super Speed 1000
- Rainbow Words
- Dreambox App (on LCPS Go) - This is a personalized learning tool to enchance where your child is learning at their level. The program is designed to adapt as the learner completes lessons. Make sure your child is earning stars to show they have mastered a standard.
- Reflex App (on LCPS Go) - This program helps your child learn math flacts. It is designed to help them build fluency and connect fact families.
- 1st & 2nd Grade Math At Home Printables from The Primary Partner
- EngageNY (Eureka) Math – a FREE math curriculum, complete with lessons, worksheets, and activities. Available for grades PreK – 12.
- Houghton Mifflin Math - more resources to print.
- Make your own flashcards
More Free Resources:
- Printable At-Home Activity Packs from Curriculum Associates
- 40 1st & Second Grade Printables (free access with email subscription) from Missing Tooth Grins & Simply Creative Teaching
- Free Spring Printables (for K & 1st Grade) from Miss Kindergarten
- Free Healthy Hands Posters for all ages (from Innovative Teacher) – you know, if your kiddos need a little extra help in the hand washing department.
- Master list of education companies offering free subscriptions
More At Home Activities:
- Math Card Games – all you need is a deck of cards!
- Paper Plate Math Activities – if you happen to have some spare paper plates lying around, make one of these fun math activities!
- Fluency and Fitness from Tickled Pink in Primary – Teachers can sign up to get 3 weeks FREE for their students to do at home.