Loudoun County Public Schools Head Start Program provides a quality preschool experience with comprehensive services at no cost to qualifying low-income families.Your family may qualify for these programs if you:
- reside in Loudoun County, Virginia
- have a child who will be 4 by September 30, or 3 if you live in certain areas of Sterling or Western Loudoun
- meet income guidelines, or
- receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and/or homeless per definition of the McKinney Vento Act
- have a child with a diagnosed disability or an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
Income Guidelines for Head Start are based on 100% Poverty Level. For example a family of 4 can earn up to $27,750 yearly to be eligible for the Head Start Program.
The following table shows the income guidelines based on 2022 Federal Government Poverty Guidelines which was published on January 18, 2022:
Number in Family Annual Income Monthly Income Weekly Income 2 $18,310 $1,526 $352 3 $23,030 $1,919 $443 4 $27,750 $2,313 $534 5 $32,470 $2,706 $624 6 $37,190 $3,099 $715 7 $41,910 $3,493 $806 8 $46,630 $3,886 $897 Each additional family member +$4,720 +$393 +$91
Online application is open for 2022-23 school year. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.The application eligibility, selection and enrollment is managed centrally at the Office of Head Start in Ashburn; not at schools. If you have a question about the application process or status please email the Head Start Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.Returning families or those who have previously applied for another child: please send an email to HeadStart@lcps.org to update your application.If it is the first time you are applying for a PK program, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
Classroom Location and SchedulesHead Start Program is offered from September through May in six Loudoun County Public Schools locations:Full Day Programs:
Half Day Programs:
- Dominion, Rock Ridge & Tuscarora High School Classrooms 8:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M
- Forest Grove Elementary School Classroom 7:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M
- Sugarland Elementary School Classroom 7:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M
- Woodgrove High School Classroom 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 A.M
The first day of classes was September 6, 2022.