Google Classroom is a web-based learning environment. When logged into Google Classroom, students can collaborate with their peers and teachers. Google Classroom offers a digital safe space for students to view class announcements, access posted course content, view posted assignments, and turn in completed work. Only authorized LCPS users (students, teachers, and other designated staff members) can have access to a LCPS Google Classroom. Google users outside the LCPS network are not granted permission to any LCPS Classroom.
Parents can be invited to the Google Classroom as a "guardian". As a guardian, you can receive email summaries showing your student’s progress in classroom. You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
See more details here https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6388136