- Seneca Ridge Middle School
- Parent Information and FAQ's
Youth After School (YAS)
Seneca Ridge hosts the PRCS Youth After School (YAS) program every school day from 3:30-6:30pm. More information can be found here.
STORM is an advisory group for all students. It is designed to provide an informal environment to help foster connections between the students in the group and their staff leader. The advisory group will have meaningful discussions and activities that will address key priorities for student achievement, such as:
- building positive rapport between students and staff
- setting personal goals
- providing students with tools to meet the high academic and citizenship (CORE Behaviors) expectations for all SRMS students.
This year, we will focus on school pride, team building, academic goals and CORE Behaviors.
STORM groups consist of 12 students (four from each grade level) who will meet weekly on Wednesdays after 1st block for 20 minutes with their assigned SRMS staff leader. The staff leader will act as a point of resource and support to help each student in reaching his or her goals. Approved activities are provided to the STORM leaders each week.
Seneca Ridge Middle School has three lunch shifts. They are listed below.
- Grade 6: 11:55-12:30
- Grade 7: 12:35-1:10
- Grade 8: 1:15-1:50
Some students may not eat lunch with their grade level peers because of their schedule. This most often affects students taking higher level courses and students in the ELL program. Our 35-minute lunch periods runs smoothly and safely with the following guidelines in place:
- Students walk to and from lunch quietly in straight lines in order to minimize disruption to classes that meet during the lunch hour.
- Students remain at one table during the lunch. (Students may sit where they like when they enter the cafeteria.)
- Students are dismissed by table to purchase lunch. We expect that students form a line to enter the kitchen areas.
- Students raise their hands if they need assistance or to get out of their seat.
SRMS has a wonderful outdoor area for student use. Students have access to the outdoor café every day for at least 15 minutes (weather permitting). After eating, these students may use the nearby black top and playing fields for basketball, soccer, touch football, walking, and four square. Recreation equipment donations are appreciated. We encourage parents to volunteer to help supervise.
Student Drop off & Pick up Procedures
Seneca Ridge Middle School has a limited entry and exit because of the school’s original design and surrounding wetlands. There is one lane to enter the campus and one lane to exit. The four-way stop with a crossing guard can also increase congestion. Below are a few procedures that we follow in order to make the mornings and afternoons safe for everyone.
- Entering Campus:
- The two-lane road to our school has a yellow double line that should not be crossed in order to pass cars that are waiting in line. Make an immediate right turn to drop off or pick up your child. Continue straight if you would like to park your vehicle.
- Morning Drop off:
- Please pull all the way forward before dropping off your child. This keeps the line moving quickly. Drop off begins at the bike rack.
- Students should be ready to exit the vehicle wih their backpacks and other materials in hand.
- Please be aware that although students often arrive early, there is no supervision for students outside of the building until 8:00 a.m. – teachers’ daily start time.
- Afternoon Pick up:
- We prefer that students and parents not walk across the parking lot in order to enter the building. We have reserved the row of parking nearest the baseball field for parents who would rather park in the afternoon instead of waiting in the long line. Students are expected to walk on the grass – not in traffic to get to their vehicle. If you anticipate having to wait for your child or if you need to assist him or her out of the building (injuries, instruments, projects, etc.), please park here instead of standing in lines which often causes delays. Please let your child know that this is where you plan to be each day.
- Please be aware that many parents choose to drop-off and pick up their children on days with inclement weather. Please expect delays on such days. Consider picking your child up at the neighborhood bus stop if it is safe to do so.
- Entering Campus:
A Parent Liaison is a staff member who works to bridge the gap between home and school by helping parents get the information and support they need to ensure their child's academic success at school.
- Personal tour of the school
- Interpreter arrangements
- Accompany parents at conferences
- Connect parents to the Parent Resource Center
- Aid in parent involvement at school
- Explain school programs
Do you have concerns over...
- about your child's academic performance?
- about your role in the educational process?
- or need assistance in making connections with available services?
Accessing Teachers' Webpages
How to access a teacher's web page:
- Go to the SRMS staff page.
- Click on the teacher's name. This will direct you to that individual teacher's page.
Como encontrar la pagina web del maestro:
- Visita la página de los maestors. Esto le llevaráa una lista de maestros de la escuela.
- Segundo, clique sobre el nombre del maestro. Esto le llevará al sitio web de este maestro.
- Go to the SRMS staff page.