Degrees and Certifications:
• Master’s degree in English Composition & Rhetoric from George Mason University • Master's degree in Educational Leadership from George Mason University • K12 English Teaching License & TESOL Endorsement • Recipient of the Ohio Education Association 2011 Paul Swaddling Award for International Peace & Understanding
Shahrazad Kablan is excited to be an Assistant Principal at Stone Bridge High School. She supervises several departments, including the English, World Languages, English Learners, as well as the Reading Specialist. She is also responsible for Facilities & Maintenance, Stone Bridge’s Annual Report, School Improvement Plan, Capstone, Senior Class & Graduation. Ms. Kablan supervises students with the last names starting with Gu-N.
Ms. Kablan’s career expands over 20 years as an educator, human rights activist and media specialist working in different parts of the world. She has been working in Loudoun County Public Schools since 2013. She was the EL Department Chair at Tuscarora High School and taught English and EL at Farmwell Station Middle School. Before joining LCPS, Ms. Kablan taught at Mason High School in Ohio.
Ms. Kablan grew up in Libya, graduating from the University of Benghazi with a BA in Psychology. She earned an MA in English Composition & Rhetoric from Wright State University, Ohio, a TESOL Endorsement from the University of Cincinnati, Ohio and M. Ed. in Educational Leadership from George Mason University, Virginia.
Ms. Kablan is an avid reader of all genres. She enjoys running, biking and the beach. She loves to travel the world with her husband. Ms. Kablan and her husband have two adult children who live in New York and Australia.
• Curriculum & Educational Policy Development & Implementation
• Educational Strategy & Program Design & Execution
• Technology-based Student Data & Profiles Process Automation & Improvement
• Teacher Professional Development
• Parent Involvement & Educational Programs
• Diversity Initiatives for Schools, Local Institutions & Parents
• Fundraising for School Initiatives & Clubs
• State & Federal Testing Mandate Coordination