Grade 6 Common Grading Policy
LCPS Grade Scale
A+ = 98-100
A = 93-97
A- = 90-92
B+ = 87-89
B = 83-86
B- = 80-82
C+ = 77-79
C = 73-76
C- = 70-72
D+ = 67-69
D = 64-66
D- = 60-62
F = 59 and below
Formative assessments are a form of evaluative communication. These assessments exhibit the student's progress toward the learning target and count for 10% of the student's final grade.
Summative assessments demonstrate mastery of the standards, communicate what the student knows at the time of the assessment, and count towards 90% of the student's final grade.
Work habits/Behavior will communicate student choices in class.
In an effort to help every student be successful and attain his/her potential, the sixth-grade language arts team has developed the following plan which provides opportunities for further instruction, targeted re-assessment, and achievement of the learning targets:
- Students who receive less than 80% on a summative assessment are eligible for the retake process. Not studying for a quiz or test is not a valid reason for a retake.
- The student will be given the higher grade between the original assessment and the reassessment up to an 80%
- All class assignments and homework aligned with the assessment must be completed (extenuating circumstances will be considered).
- Retake plan: The student is responsible for both initiating and actively participating in the retake process within 5 school days of receiving their grade.
- There may be additional requirements based on the type of assessment and individual circumstances...