10th Grade Driver’s Ed / Health and PE
GRADING AND CLASSROOM POLICIES
Semester 1: Drivers Education
Semester 2: Health
ALL Grading will be based on a 100% scale for both semesters
- Your grade will consist of 2 components
90% Quizzes / Tests
10% Notebook / Workbook
- Will contain your COMPLETED workbook, along with any additional handouts and
- Must be in a THREE RING BINDER
- Must be kept IN ORDER
- NO LATE HOMEWORK will be accepted!
- Drivers Ed Workbooks: Each 10th grade student will receive a workbook containing all classwork/homework worksheets, notes, etc. You will be responsible for keeping track of the workbook you are given at the beginning of the semester. If you lose your workbook, you can purchase a replacement from your teacher for $5.
- The STUDENT must arrange all make-up work. Work that is not made up by the end of the quarter will result in a ZERO.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain information on all notes, handouts, and assignments when a class is missed. This should be done the next day that the student is in class.
- All missed quizzes & tests will be made up the day of your return, if you were present when it was announced. If you were not present on the day a quiz or test is announced, you are expected to make it up the next class after you are notified.
- Please be advised that absences from Driver’s Education classes may result in failure of the course. Driver’s Licenses may only be obtained upon completion of the classroom Driver’s Education program, followed by Behind The Wheel Instruction.
- During the second semester, 10th grade will be working within the Health curriculum.
- All grades that have been completed will be posted/updated in Phoenix within 10 days.
PFHS PE Dept. Retake Policy
- A student will be able to retake ONE summative assessment per quarter.
- Retakes will only be granted on assessments below an 80%.
- The retake must occur during the same quarter that the initial assessment was given.
- There will be no drinking of beverages in the classroom with the exception of water. No soft drinks, Gatorade, Starbucks drinks, etc.
- Students are not permitted to use computers without permission.
- Students are not permitted to sit at movable chairs in the classroom.
- Students are expected to be in the classroom when the bell rings. All other instances will result in a tardy unless a pass is presented.
Tardy Policy: Frequent tardiness will result in a loss of class participation points and detention.
- If you leave the room for any reason and return with items from the vending machines/ cafeteria or are found anywhere else in the building, the items will be confiscated. You will then lose your privileges to leave the room for an extended period of time. This also goes for being gone longer than necessary.
- No student will be permitted to leave the classroom to use the restroom during the first or last 10 minutes of class. Please visit the restroom BEFORE coming to class.
- Students must bring their notebook and other supplies needed to class every day. Points will be deducted from your daily class participation grade if you do not bring these things.
- Use appropriate language, PROFANITY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Repeat offenses will result in a loss of points and a referral.
- Be respectful to all students and teachers in the room.
Physical Education Grading
- Every student starts with a 100% for their daily P.E. grade
- Each day you are not dressed for PE you will receive a ZERO for your daily grade.
- You will also lose points for not following uniform guidelines, wearing jewelry, safety rules, poor sportsmanship, disrespectfulness and lack of participation.
- When you are not dressed out, you will NOT have any privileges. You CANNOT go to the bathroom, locker, vending machines, to see other teachers, socialize, etc. You are to sit in a designated area assigned by your teacher and remain there until told otherwise. You may NOT eat, drink or do homework.
- NO PHONES will be allowed in the gym at any time!
PE Expectations & Rules
- All students will be required to dress out in APPROPRIATE athletic attire during your PE class.
- Bring a substitute or extra uniform to use in case of an emergency.
- UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS:
No school clothes or street clothes may be worn for PE. All shirts and shorts must adhere to the PFHS dress code. You may wear ATHLETIC shirts and shorts. No tank tops, short-shorts, jeans or cargos. Failure to follow these requirements can result in a zero for your daily grade; it is the teacher’s discretion!
- You MUST wear proper athletic shoes. NO slippers, sandals or boots. Failure to bring proper shoes will result in a zero for your daily grade.
- Locks and lockers will be assigned. Make sure you secure your belongings. You are responsible for your lock and locker. PLEASE USE IT! You are NOT permitted to share a locker with another student. IF you lose your lock, notify your teacher immediately, and you MUST purchase a new one for $5.00. You are NOT permitted to use the athletic team locker rooms to store your PE stuff.
- Athletic locker rooms will be locked from 9:15-4:03. No access will be granted during this time.
- Please report any theft immediately to your teacher and the school Safety Security Officer.
- You must be in the GYM before the tardy bell rings. NOT IN THE HALLS! Any other instance will result in a tardy.
- When entering the locker room, you will have 7 minutes to dress and report to your teacher.
- After you are dressed you will report to the designated area and sit in your assigned seat on the floor - not on the bleachers.
- Anyone found playing with equipment before being told to do so, will lose half of his or her PE participation points for the day.
- Doctor’s notes must be turned into the clinic BEFORE SCHOOL - NOT BEFORE CLASS. The nurse will give a copy of the note to the teacher.
- Parent notes are only accepted to excuse the student from PE for NO MORE THAN 3 CONSECUTIVE SCHOOL DAYS. All notes written by the parent must be signed and must have a phone number where the parent can be reached. A parent note only excuses students from activity; the student is still expected to dress out. Failure to dress will result in a loss of participation points.
- If you are absent from class: A student’s first absence from PE will be an excused absence without any deduction of points from their PE grade. Each subsequent absence, after the first, will result in a zero until the student makes up that missed class time. Regardless of the nature of the absence, the missed time from class needs to be made up, just as if you’d missed work from any other class.
- Make-Up PE: Make-Up PE will be available during your own personal CORE Study Hall period. It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate with their teacher.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at school or via email.
** Please keep these guidelines in your notebook for the remainder of the school year. Detach the last sheet and have your parent/guardian fill in the required information and return that sheet to your teacher as soon as possible.
10th Grade HPE
I have read the above Physical Education policy and agree to follow all rules and regulations.
Student Name: _____________________________________________________
Student Signature: __________________________________________________
Parent Name: ______________________________________________________
Parent Signature: ___________________________________________________
Parent Phone Number: ________________________________________________
Parent E-mail: ______________________________________________________
Teacher & Class Period: _______________________________________________
Please list any medical problems that may hinder the performance of your son or daughter during PE this school year (you should also have documentation in the clinic to be excused from any long term activity):