DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION
- Hướng dẫn về cách Thay đổi Ngôn ngữ trên trang web của LCPS
- ایل سی پی ایس ویب سائٹ پر زبان تبدیل کرنے
- Instrucciones para cambiar el idioma en el sitio web de LCPS
- دستورالعمل برای تغییر زبان وب سایت مدارس لاودن کانتی
- LCPS تعليمات لتغيير اللغة على موقع
AN ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR A CERTIFIED COPY
- Name of the parent registering the child must be on the birth certificate
- Photo identification of the parent/guardian registering the child
- Cards with name and age of the student are not sufficient proof of the identification of the person enrolling the student
- If the student has had a name change due to adoption or other reasons, the school must have a signed copy of the court order acknowledging the change
PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP OR LEGAL CUSTODY IF NOT THE PARENT OF THE STUDENT
- A legal document signed by a judge verifying legal custody or legal guardianship
- A notarized statement or Power of Attorney is not sufficient for school enrollment
- See Special Registration Situations for additional information
PROOF OF RESIDENCY - PARENTS/GUARDIANS RESIDING IN LOUDOUN COUNTY
- A signed lease, signed deed, signed settlement papers, recent mortgage statement, or deed of trust. If you are unable to produce these items, please contact Registration Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-252-2490
- In addition, the enrolling parent/guardian may be asked to produce the following documents to verify the address: motor vehicle registration, voter registration card, bank statement (not checks) within the past two months, state or federal income tax records, W-2 form, and/or utility bills within the past two months
PROOF OF RESIDENCY - PARENT/GUARDIAN SHARING A HOME WITH A RESIDENT OF LOUDOUN COUNTY
A Shared Housing Form/Spanish may be needed in cases where the registering family does not have a lease or mortgage in their name.
- For a student or family that is residing with another family as a result of homelessness, economic hardship or is experiencing a crisis which is affecting a change in their living situation, special provisions may apply. Questions about this should be directed to the McKinney-Vento Specialist at 571-252-6523. You can complete the McKinney-Vento application online.
- A Shared Housing Form/Spanish must be completed and notarized if you are residing in another persons home and do NOT have a lease or mortgage in your name. This is considered a mutual and equitable arrangement.
- The parent/guardian must obtain the signature of the person who owns or rents the residence
- The owner/tenant must provide proof of residency by submitting a signed lease, signed deed, signed settlement papers, recent mortgage statement, or deed of trust. This person does not need to be present for the registration appointment
- In addition, the enrolling parent/guardian may be asked to produce the following documents to verify the address: motor vehicle registration, voter registration card, bank statement (not checks) within the past two months, state or federal income tax records, W-2 form, or utility bills within the past two months
SIGNED "PRIOR EXPULSION" STATEMENT
The student's parent must complete the Previous School Student Expulsion Status document indicating that the student has not been expelled or suspended.
A properly completed immunization record signed by a licensed physician or local health department employee must be provided.
Evidence of Required Immunization
Virginia law requires every student to be immunized against certain diseases (see Code of Virginia §22.1-271.2). Students who lack the required proof of immunization will be barred from attending school. Objections based on religious grounds may be discussed with the school principal.
4 DPT or DTap - At least one dose of DTap or DTP after 4th birthday.
TDAP Booster - A booster dose of Tdap is required for all children entering the seventh (7) grade if at least five years have passed since the last dose of tetanus containing vaccine.
4 Polio - At least one dose after 4th birthday. 1 dose must be administered on or after the fourth birthday.
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine - A minimum of 2 measles, 2 mumps, and 1 rubella. First dose must be administered at age 12 months or older. Second dose of vaccine must be administered prior to entering kindergarten but can be administered at any time after the minimum interval between dose one and dose two.
Hepatitis B - At least 3 doses required (2 doses if Merck adult formulation given between 11-15 years of age).
Hepatitis A - Two properly spaced doses. First dose should be administered at 12 months or older.
2 Varicella ( Chicken Pox) - Effective March 3, 2010, a second dose must be administered prior to entering kindergarten but can be administered at any time after the minimum interval between dose one and dose two.
Tuberculosis Screening (TB) - All new students entering Loudoun County Public Schools will be required to provide documentation that a tuberculosis (TB) screening has been performed no sooner than three months prior to registration for school.
NOTE: Tdap-booster required for entry into 7th grade if at least 5 years since last tetanus containing vaccine. Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine ( MenACWY, MCV4, Men B) - Effective July 1, 2021 two properly spaced doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine ( MenACWY). The first dose shall be administered prior to 7th grade. The second dose shall be administered prior to the 12th grade. Students in grades 8 and above ( school year 2021) will not need to go back and receive the 7th grade MenACWY dose, and they will pick up with the 12th grade MenACWY dose. Rising 12th grade students will be required to have 1 dose of the MenACWY prior to school entry.
Review Immunization Requirements.
TUBERCULOSIS SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
All new students entering Loudoun County Public Schools for the first time are required to provide documentation that a tuberculosis screening has been performed within 90 days of registration. More information on this requirement is available on the Student Health Services page.
PHYSICAL FOR NEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
New elementary school students must have a completed physical performed no earlier than 12 months prior to the date the student first enters kindergarten or elementary school. Copies of a completed physical from other United States schools are acceptable. Physical must be submitted prior to school starting. Requirements for the physical can be found on the Student Health Services FAQs.
Important! For students attending schools with projected over enrollment: In order to complete the registration process, parents should present the valid physical by August 10, 2023. For students whose birthday/physical date falls between Aug. 10 and Aug. 24, 2023, parents should provide by Aug. 10 their child's four-year physical and appointment verification that a new physical is scheduled between Aug. 10-24, 2023. The new physical must be provided to school on or prior to first day of school (Aug. 24, 2023). A child will not be allowed to begin without a valid physical. Parents may lose their spot if a school is over enrolled and the registration is not complete.
Provide records, including report cards, from the child's previous school (if applicable). Official transcripts will be requested by the school upon registration.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF PREVIOUS SCHOOL
Provide name and address of previous school. Official transcripts will be requested by the school upon registration.
COPY OF INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATION PLAN (IEP)
If the student has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plan, please provide a copy at the registration appointment.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Registration Services at email@example.com or 571-252-2490 .
- Hướng dẫn về cách Thay đổi Ngôn ngữ trên trang web của LCPS