AN ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR A CERTIFIED COPY
- Name of the parent registering the child must be on the birth certificate
- Photo identification of the parent/guardian registering the child
- Cards with name and age of the student are not sufficient proof of the identification of the person enrolling the student
- If the student has had a name change due to adoption or other reasons, the school must have a signed copy of the court order acknowledging the change
PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP OR LEGAL CUSTODY IF NOT THE PARENT OF THE STUDENT
- A legal document signed by a judge verifying legal custody or legal guardianship
- A notarized statement or Power of Attorney is not sufficient for school enrollment
- See Special Registration Situations for additional information
PROOF OF RESIDENCY - PARENTS/GUARDIANS RESIDING IN LOUDOUN COUNTY
- A signed lease, signed deed, signed settlement papers, recent mortgage statement, or deed of trust. If you are unable to produce these items, please contact the Senior Registrar at email@example.com or 571-252-1238
- In addition, the enrolling parent/guardian may be asked to produce the following documents to verify the address: motor vehicle registration, voter registration card, bank statement (not checks) within the past two months, state or federal income tax records, W-2 form, and/or utility bills within the past two months
PROOF OF RESIDENCY - PARENT/GUARDIAN SHARING A HOME WITH A RESIDENT OF LOUDOUN COUNTY
- For a student or family that is residing with another family as a result of homelessness, economic hardship or is experiencing a crisis which is affecting a change in their living situation, special provisions may apply. Questions about this should be directed to the McKinney-Vento Specialist at 571-252-6523. Please download the Housing Determination form (Spanish).
- A Housing Determination Form/Shared Housing (Spanish) must be completed and notarized if you are residing in another persons home and do NOT have a lease or mortgage in your name. This is considered a mutual and equitable arrangement.
- The parent/guardian must obtain the signature of the person who owns or rents the residence
- The owner/tenant must provide proof of residency by submitting a signed lease, signed deed, signed settlement papers, recent mortgage statement, or deed of trust. This person does not need to be present for the registration appointment
- In addition, the enrolling parent/guardian may be asked to produce the following documents to verify the address: motor vehicle registration, voter registration card, bank statement (not checks) within the past two months, state or federal income tax records, W-2 form, or utility bills within the past two months
SIGNED "PRIOR EXPULSION" STATEMENT
The student's parent must complete the Previous School Student Expulsion Status document indicating that the student has not been expelled or suspended.
A properly completed immunization record signed by a licensed physician or local health department employee must be provided. Review Immunization Requirements.
TUBERCULOSIS SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
All new students entering Loudoun County Public Schools for the first time are required to provide documentation that a tuberculosis screening has been performed within 90 days of registration. More information on this requirement is available on the Student Health Services page.
PHYSICAL FOR NEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
New elementary school students must have a completed physical performed no earlier than 12 months prior to the date the student first enters kindergarten or elementary school. Copies of a completed physical from other United States schools are acceptable. Physical must be submitted prior to school starting. Requirements for the physical can be found on the Student Health Services FAQs.
Important! For students attending schools with projected over enrollment: In order to complete the registration process, parents should present the valid physical by August 9, 2018. For students whose birthday/physical date falls between Aug. 9 and Aug. 23, 2018, parents should provide by Aug. 9 their child's four-year physical and appointment verification that a new physical is scheduled between Aug. 9-23, 2018. The new physical must be provided to school on or prior to first day of school (Aug. 23, 2018). A child will not be allowed to begin without a valid physical. Parents may lose their spot if a school is over enrolled and the registration is not complete.
Provide records, including report cards, from the child's previous school (if applicable). Official transcripts will be requested by the school upon registration.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF PREVIOUS SCHOOL
Provide name and address of previous school. Official transcripts will be requested by the school upon registration.
COPY OF INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATION PLAN (IEP)
If the student has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plan, please provide a copy at the registration appointment.