Community Use of School Facilities
Thank you for your interest in facility use within Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS). When not occupied during instructional days and student activity times, LCPS school facilities are available for use by the community in accordance with School Board Policy 6310 - Facility Use, schedule of fees and "Terms and Conditions."
Organizations requesting use of LCPS facilities must be registered as an approved user and have established a facility use account. In order to begin the registration process, select the Community Use Organization Self Registration link located to the right on this page.
Visuals are provided here to assist you in completing the self-registration process:
Request Use of School Facilities Here - Community Use Portal
The video at this link Submitting Requests in CommunityUse provides clear, easy instructions for submitting an on-line facility use request.Login and complete your on-line facility use request here: CommunityUse Login
- Rooms at schools available to request are auditorium, auxiliary and main gymnasium/multi-purpose room, cafeteria and library.
- Athletic areas available to request are natural grass and high school artificial turf playing fields, high school running tracks and high school tennis courts.
- Classroom use at schools must be requested by contacting the school.
Facility Use Fees
School Board Policy
Terms and Conditions
Delayed Openings|Early Closing|Closing InformationThe safety of all participants and spectators during events held within LCPS is a priority at all times. It is the responsibility of the organization representative to be aware of periods of inclement weather, or other incidences resulting in the need for LCPS to delay opening, close early, or close entirely.The following sources provide real-time information about after-school, weekend and holiday delays and closings within LCPS:
Approved events may be cancelled or postponed for reasons including, but not limited to emergencies involving student events and activities, inclement weather and power/water outage. When possible, attempts will be made to avoid postponement or cancellation of approved events.
- LCPS Website: www.lcps.org (under the article section) during inclement weather announcements are posted regarding the delay, early closing or closing of schools.
- LCPS Mobile App: Free app available at the Apple App Store and via the Google Play App Store. LCPS sends notifications through the app announcing school delays and closings, similar to a text message.
- Alert Loudoun: School delays and closings are announced via the County of Loudoun - at the following link: Alert Loudoun You may subscribe to receive "only" information about school delays and closings.
- Natural Grass Field Use: During inclement weather, it may be necessary to close LCPS natural grass fields. To ensure fields are open, please verify field status at the following link: PRCS Field Status WINTER SEASON (November 15 through March 15) all natural grass fields are closed.
Information for Athletic OrganizationsOrganizations associated with Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) must request use of LCPS facilities directly through PRCS.Organizations not associated with PRCS and requesting use of LCPS gymnasiums or school athletic playing fields must be an approved LCPS organization as previously described.Organizations not associated with PRCS will be required to pay all applicable facility use fees. A list of fees is located on the Schedule of Facility Use Fees link located on this page.The appropriate school administrator will review the request and contact the organization representative with any questions about information provided.
No facility use request will be considered approved until a confirming email of approval is sent by LCPS to the organization representative