Hello and Welcome!
*** IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID PREVENTION ***
MASKS REQUIRED IN LCPS FACILITIES
EFFECTIVE THURSDAY, JANUARY 20, 2022
At the meeting Tuesday, January 18, 2022, the Loudoun County School Board voted to support the Superintendent's recommendation to continue the current mitigation efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the mask mandate within LCPS.
LCPS students and staff must wear masks as part of a layered strategy to help prevent COVID-19 transmission. The General Assembly adopted Chapter 456 (often referred to as SB1303) on March 30, 2021, directing school boards to offer and prioritize in-person instruction. It also requires school boards to adhere to mitigation procedures, like mask-wearing, to the extent practicable as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In order to comply with this legislation, masks must be worn by students, staff, and visitors in LCPS facilities.
It is acknowledged these mitigation measures are not ideal nor easy. The transmission data will continue to be monitored, as well as adhering to advice from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and on-going consultation with the Loudoun County Health Department.
All students, staff, and visitors are expected to comply with LCPS mask requirements, including those who are participating in non-LCPS activities conducted in school buildings. Examples include but are not limited to after-school childcare activities and community youth recreation events hosted during evenings/weekends, as well as church, civic groups, or other community events or meetings.
The community use of facilities at Loudoun County Public Schools is valued.
Your cooperation is appreciated as efforts continue to provide a safe and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for your interest in facility use within Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS). When not occupied during instructional days and student activity times, LCPS school facilities are available for use by the community in accordance with School Board Policy and Regulation 6310 - Facility Use, Schedule of Facility Use Fees 2021 - 2022, and Facility Use "Terms and Conditions".
Organizations requesting the use of LCPS facilities must be registered as an approved user and have established a facility use account. In order to begin the registration process, select this link: Community Use Organization Self Registration.
Visuals are provided here to assist you in completing the organization self-registration process:
Requesting Access to CommunityUse - System Use Video Tutorial
Information Regarding Facility Use Invoice Credit Card Payments By system design, credit card payments for facility use invoices may only be made by the person having completed the registration for access to FSDirect, the facility use system, and only if the person booking the event is the same person paying the invoice.
Should an organization representative experience a problem when attempting to process a credit card payment for a facility use invoice, please immediately e-mail the Facility Use Office at email@example.com and advise staff about the matter. Staff will promptly seek guidance to provide access for the payment.
Facility use invoice payment by check, cashier's check, or money order remains an option. Please make payment to: County of Loudoun and include the facility use invoice number on the information.
Please contact the Division of Management and Coordination|Facility Use with any questions about the use of LCPS Facilities.
Request Use of School Facilities Here - Community Use Portal
- Rooms at schools available to request are the auditorium, auxiliary and main gymnasium/ multipurpose room, cafeteria, and library
- Athletic areas available to request are natural grass and high school artificial turf playing fields, high school running tracks, and high school tennis courts
The video at this link Submitting Requests in Community Use provides clear, easy instructions for submitting an online facility use request.
- Classroom and parking lot use at schools must be requested by completing a facility use request form and submitting the form to the school where the use is requested.
Log in and complete your on-line facility use request here: Community Use LoginLoudoun County Public Schools facility use "Terms and Conditions" require notification for changes to or cancellation of an event be provided, in writing, to the school administration where the event is scheduled to be held no less than three (3) business days prior to the date of the event in order to avoid payment of facility use fees. Failure to comply with the "Terms and Conditions" will result in full payment of facility use fee charges for the event.
Facility Use Requests - Cancellations/ Changes/ Multiple (Duplicate) Requests
- Cancellations for use of facilities and grounds within LCPS, when not due to an emergency must be in place in accordance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use to avoid payment of all facility use fees.
- Changes to an approved facility use request - start time/end time/date - must first be approved by the administrator at the school where the use is in place and in accordance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use. Changes to an approved event will not be made unless/ until the respective school administrator provides direction for the approved change/ changes.
- Multiple (duplicate) facility requests by an organization - use at more than one (1) location within LCPS - either inside and/or outside - for the same date/time, requires the organization to cancel all use not to be held in compliance with Regulation 6310 - Facility Use to avoid payment of all facility use fees.
Facility Use Fees
- Credit card payments for facility use invoices are welcomed, but, by system design, they may only be made by the person having completed the registration for access to FSDirect, the facility use system, and only if the person booking the event is the same person paying the invoice.
- If you have any questions about the facility use fee credit card payments, please contact the Division of Management and Coordination|Facility Use, as noted at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions
Delayed Openings|Early Closing|Closing Information
The safety of all participants and spectators during events held within LCPS is a priority at all times. It is the responsibility of the organization representative to be aware of periods of inclement weather, or other incidences resulting in the need for LCPS to delay opening, close early, or close entirely.
The following sources provide real-time information about after-school, weekend, and holiday delays and closings within LCPS:
- LCPS Website: www.lcps.org (under the article section) during inclement weather announcements are posted regarding the delay, early closing, or closing of schools.
- LCPS Mobile App: Free app available at the Apple App Store and via the Google Play App Store. LCPS sends notifications through the app announcing school delays and closings, similar to a text message.
- Alert Loudoun: School delays and closings are announced via the County of Loudoun - at the following link: Alert Loudoun You may subscribe to receive "only" information about school delays and closings.
- Natural Grass Field Use: During inclement weather, it may be necessary to close LCPS natural grass fields. To ensure fields are open, please verify field status at the following link: PRCS Field Status WINTER SEASON (mid-November through mid-March) all-natural grass fields are closed.
Approved events may be canceled or postponed for reasons including, but not limited to emergencies involving student events and activities, inclement weather, and power/water outage. When possible, attempts will be made to avoid postponement or cancellation of approved events.
Information for Athletic Organizations
- Organizations associated with Loudoun County Parks, Recreation, and Community Services (PRCS) must request the use of LCPS facilities directly through PRCS.
- Organizations not associated with PRCS and requesting the use of LCPS gymnasiums or school athletic playing fields must be an organization approved for use of LCPS.
- Organizations not associated with PRCS will be required to pay all applicable facility use fees.
- The appropriate school administrator will review the request and contact the organization representative with any questions about the information provided.
- No facility use request will be considered approved until a confirming email of approval is sent by the LCPS facility use system to the organization representative.
NATURAL GRASS ATHLETIC PLAYING FIELDS CLOSED - NOVEMBER THROUGH MARCH
- Natural grass athletic playing fields at LCPS elementary and middle school locations will be closed for the winter season from mid-November until mid-March. High school natural grass athletic playing fields are closed from mid-November until the end of March.
- Organizations approved for use of LCPS facilities and grounds may check the field status - open or closed - daily, at the following link: LCPS Playing Field Status