Transportation Request For Academies of Loudoun
UPDATES FOR THE UPCOMING 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR COMING SOON!
!Students desiring bus transportation to the Academies of Loudoun for the 2019-2020 school year must submit a request for school bus transportation through ParentVUE. Parents or guardians can submit a request now through Friday, July 19, 2019 for transportation for each of their Academies of Loudoun students.
To make this request, parents must use the Student Information menu item in ParentVUE. After selecting “Edit Information,” parents must read the important information and then using the drop-down box to select either “I Request LCPS Transportation to Academies” or “I Decline LCPS Transportation to Academies”. If you have more than one student for whom you are requesting bus transportation, you will have to make a ParentVUE request for each student.
Requests made during the June 5th to July 19th period will be routed for the start of school. Households will receive personalized information for their students attending the Academies of Loudoun by Connect Ed message on August 12, 2019.
Requests made after July 19th will not be finalized until all bus routes have been adjusted following the start of school, in early October. These students will be notified of bus transportation in early to mid-October.
Rental Vehicle InformationLCPS Staff: Information regarding Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservations and Accident Procedures:
UPDATED September 9, 2020
The Alternative Transportation Request program has been modified due to the COVID-19 event. Requests are only being accepted for review and consideration for in-person programs as they are opened during the appropriate phase.
Important information for student in-person programs that begin in September and October 2020.
1. Monroe Advanced Technical Academy (MATA) student requests for Alternative Transportation are open now. There is a projected turnaround time of two weeks after being received by Transportation.
2. Head Start, Starting Towards Excellence in Preschool (STEP), and English Language Learner Center students. Requests that are received by September 14, 2020 will be routed for these programs when they start October 27, 2020. Submissions received after September 14, 2020 may not be routed for the start of these programs on October 27, 2020.
Collaboration between the Department of Digital Innovation and the Transportation Division will give parents and guardians the ability to make alternative transportation requests using ParentVUE. Alternative Transportation is defined as “Transportation to/from a location that is not the bus stop established based on the student’s home address.” Examples are daycare or a family member’s residence. Requests for alternative transportation must also be to a location within the attendance area of your student’s school of assignment.
IMPORTANT: During this period Alternative Transportation Requests will only be reviewed for students in the programs identified in the programs in 1) and 2) above.
To request alternative transportation parents must use the ParentVUE Student Information menu item. After selecting “Edit Information,” parents can enter the requested transportation location and acknowledge the conditions in PVUE. Alternative transportation requests will be reviewed by the Lead Driver responsible for the student’s school. Each request is for an individual student only and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Parents will be notified by email regarding the decision made on the request.
The time for reviews to be completed expected to be 7 to 10 days after Transportation receives an acknowledged request through ParentVUE.
What’s Alternative Transportation? It’s “Transportation to/from a location that is not the bus stop assigned to the student based on their home address.” Examples are a daycare facility or a family member’s residence (such as a grandparent) located outside the assigned bus stop location. Requests for alternative transportation must be to a location within the attendance area of your student’s school of assignment.
Instructions for submitting a request in ParentVUE:
- Go to ParentVUE and log in
- Click the name of the student for whom you are submitting the request
- Click on the Student Information menu item
- Click on Edit Information button
- Scroll to the Alternative Transportation section
- Select YES from the I request LCPS Transportation menu
- Enter requested site information
- Review the Affirmation section and acknowledge conditions (IMPORTANT – THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR COVID-19)
- Click on the Save Changes button
Click here for a Quick Reference Guide document in English.
Click here for a Quick Reference Guide document in Spanish.
Field Trip Information and Forms
Field Trip Forms
Activity Bus Stops
Activity Bus Stops
After school activities is determined by the school administration
Each school determines if they will offer an activity run
LCPS Transportation maintains the activity run schedule and stops
Parents are responsible for transportation from the regional stop to home
Stop times may vary depending on student ridership volume
Kindergarten Transportation: Rules & ResponsibilitiesLCPS Kindergarten
- Students must be met by a parent, guardian, or authorized escort at the bus stop during drop off.
- Students are issued a Kindergarten tag to attach to their backpack/bookbag. Please leave the tag in place as it is utilized for the entire school year. Tags are also provided to parents, guardians, or authorized escorts. Both the student tag and parent/guardian/escort tag will be labeled with the student ID number. The tag must be presented to the bus driver at the bus door when meeting the Kindergarten child at the bus stop.
- If a replacement or additional tags are needed, please contact your school secretary.
- Kindergarten students are released first from the bus so the driver can ensure a parent or guardian is available to receive the child.
- Any students not met will be returned to the school office at the end of the bus run. In this case, parents will be required to pick up the student at the school office.
Where's My Bus Stop Located?
For safety and security reasons, LCPS Transportation does not post bus stop locations to the general public.
The location of your child’s bus stop is contained within ParentVUE. A ParentVUE account is required and can be obtained via your child’s school or school website. To register clicking here.
Please note: Students must access Phoenix the first time from a computer in their school to be able to access ParentVue at home.
Bus Route Information (Bus transportation information is not available in the ParentVUE mobile application.)
To view your child’s bus route information, simply log into the ParentVUE web application, by clicking here. Once you have logged in, the bus route information is located within the “Student Info” tab under the heading “Transportation Information”.
Bus Route To School
Pick Up Bus Stop
MMS.106 - DILIGENCE CT & DESTINY DR
Est. Pick Up Time
Bus Route From School
Drop Off Bus Stop
MMS.106 - DILIGENCE CT & DESTINY DR
*Est. Drop Off Time
*NOTE: This is an ESTIMATED drop off time. Many factors can affect this time estimate.
To understand in more detail how ParentVUE can be an excellent resource, click here to see additional tips, FAQs, video and more.
Bus Ridership Eligibility
LCPS Transportation services shall be provided for elementary students living more than one (1.0) mile and middle and high school students living more than one and one-quarter (1.25) miles from the front door of their boundary specific school of assignment. Elementary students eligible for transportation may be required to walk up to one (1.0) mile to reach a bus stop. Middle and high school students eligible for transportation may be required to walk up to one and one-quarter (1.25) miles to a bus stop.
SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!