Tools and Privacy
LCPS assesses the level of student data privacy for every approved tool with which our students interact. For more information on LCPS’ Policy on directory information, see LCPS Student Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy (8650).
The following tiles in the Tools Directory display information about tools most commonly accessed by LCPS students and staff. Each information card gives the title of the tool, the grade ranges of users, a brief description, and an icon with a description of what, if any, student data is shared by using the tool.
**Please note this list is being updated for the 19-20 school year**
LCPS approach to student privacy with tools for learning
Each tool is designated a Level code indicating the level of student information required to use it. For more information about each tool, click on the item in the tool directory below.
- Level 1 Tool: Tools that are essential to curriculum and are under contract with LCPS.
- Level 2 Tool - No data is shared: Access to this tool does not require any user to share information about themselves.
- Level 2 Tool - Non-PII: Student accounts do not require any PII or directory information.
- Level 2 Tool - Directory information only: Student accounts require only directory information with non-PII. Tool may not be used by students whose parents have opted out of sharing directory information.
- Level 2 Tool - Directory information with guidance: Student accounts require only directory information or directory information with non-PII. Guidance: Users must not provide optional information requested by the application. Tool may not be used by students whose parents have opted out of sharing directory information.
The Technology Tools Menu will be updated by the end of the first quarter in 2020.