TUSCARORA MARCHING HUSKIESStaff
Katie Newmiller, Director of Bands
- Ms. Newmiller started marching at Broad Run HS where she played piccolo and was drum major. While a James Madison University, she was a part of the Marching Royal Dukes for all four years. Her sophomore year she was part of the first set of drill instructors and did that for two seasons before becoming section leader. She has been on marching staff for a various marching ensembles. Fall 2011 was her first season as a director and it was here at THS. The Marching Huskies have won several awards and accolades under her direction, including being selected to march in the 2015 Pearl Harbor Day Parade in Honolulu, HI. One of her favorite parts of TMH is being able to travel with her students to make memories, laugh, and enjoy being with each other. She has had students particiate various DCI and WGI ensembles, such as Jersey Surf, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Vanguard Cadets, Santa Clara Vanguard, and George Mason Indoor.
Kerry Mandley, Asst. Director
- Ms. Mandley is currently the head director at Smart's Mill MS, the feeder program to Tuscarora. She has been with TMH since fall 2013.
M. Romhel Etulle, Marching Instructor
- Romhel Etulle began her marching career in high school and continued in college with the JMU Marching Royal Dukes. She has been on staff with TMH since fall 2011 with Ms. Newmiller. Outside of the ensemble, she is works as a nurse in Fairfax. In her spare time she enjoys traveling and reading.
A. Sasha Rearden, Drum Major Instructor
- Alexandra (Sasha) Rearden was a part of TMH for all of her four years at high school. She marched the Tenor Saxophone, and served as the Drum Major her senior year. While she is currently attending Virginia Tech for Political Science, as well as Computer Modeling and Data Analytics, music still plays a huge role in her everyday life and she continues to play the saxophone on her spare time. She fell in love with marching band a long time ago and enjoys the opportunity to come back and serve the band. She works with the Drum Major(s), in addition to helping around the general scene. She is currently interning at GDIT as a CIO Services Management Intern, and also enjoys caving, fencing, as well as rocky road ice cream.
Garrett Henkle, High Brass Instructor
Josh Ballinger, Low Brass & Visual Instructor
- Josh Ballinger is currently a music performance major at James Madison University with a concentration in bassoon. He graduated from Loudoun County High School in 2016 where he marched Tenor Saxophone before serving as drum major during his senior year. Josh participated in the Macy's Great American Marching Band in November 2014 and attended the Virginia Residential Governor's School for Music during the summer of 2015. At JMU he was a member of the Marching Royal Dukes for two seasons, serving as Baritone Section Leader in the fall of 2017. Josh was a member of the Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps hornline as a baritone player for the 2017 and 2018 seasons and will serve as head drum major until his ageout following the 2020 season. His first season with the Tuscarora Marching Huskies was the fall of 2018. Josh is interested in a career in instrument repair and restoration as well as the orchestral/wind band performance field.
Kareem Elrefai, Low Brass Instructor
Jason Peters, Battery Instructor
Katherine Stone, Front Ensemble Instructor
Gina Corbin, Color Guard Caption
Nora Champagne, Color Guard Instructor
- Nora Champagne currently resides in Baltimore, MD and works for Applebee's. She is from Tabb, VA where she first fell in love with colorguard. Her first coaching job was at Grafton HS while completing undergraduate work at Old Dominion University. After being away from colorguard for a while, she joined the team with Gina and Angel; and couldn't be happier to be back in her coaching shoes!
Angel Tomme, Color Guard Instrcutor
Sam Henkle, Color Guard Instructor
- Sam Henkle is a graduate of the Marching Huskies. She participates in the George Mason Winter Guard program.