RLC RUMBLE - USCF Rated Open Chess Tournament
RLC PTO is launching RLC Rumble - USCF Rated Open Chess Tournament for all students from Grades K-5.
Tournament Date & Time: Saturday, March 30, 2019; 9:00am – 4:00pm
Tournament Location: 43330 Loudoun Reserve Dr, Ashburn, VA 20148
Who can participate?
- Any students from Grades Kindergarten to Grade 5
- Students attending a public or private school, as well as home schooled students are eligible to participate
- Each participant must have a USCF ID that will be valid on the day of the tournament
RLC Rumble Chess Tournament includes multiple rounds
- K-3 : Players from Grades K-3 can opt to compete in this section with 5 competition rounds
- K-5 : Players from Grades K-5 can opt to compete in this section with 4 competition rounds
- Trophies will be awarded for winners of each section - 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, Top upset, Top unrated, Top girl
- Medals will be awarded to players with plus score of each section
- Early Bird Registration: $25 per player until March 26, 2019 @ 10pm EST
- Regular Registration: $30 per player until March 28, 2019 @ 10pm EST
- At the Door Registration - not permitted for this tournament
- Rosa Lee Carter Elementary PTO Chess Club Coordinators -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can my child buy a lunch?
As we get closer to the Tournament date, RLC PTO Chess Coordinator will work with coaches on lunch, snacks, drinks availability. It is likely that students will have the option to bring their lunch or purchase pizza. Details to be finalized in the mid-March.
Can I add/update registration information including participant information?
Yes. (You can register or submit updates to your registrations until March 28, 2019 @ 10pm EST. A USCF ID that is valid on the day of the tournament is must. You can update your regsitration form with any missing information.)
What is the timing of the Tournament Schedule?
Tournament will start at 9:00am and a detailed Hourly schedule will be provided by March 26, 2019. Participants are expected to check-in no later than 8:45am