RLC RUMBLE - USCF Rated Open Chess Tournament
RLC PTO is hosting RLC Rumble - USCF Rated Open Chess Tournament for all students from Grades K-5.
Tournament Date & Time: Sunday, November 17, 2019; 9:00am – 4:00pm
Tournament Location: 43330 Loudoun Reserve Dr, Ashburn, VA 20148
Who can participate?
- Any students from Grades Kindergarten to Grade 5
- Students attending a public or private school, as well as home schooled students are eligible to participate
- Each participant must have a USCF ID that will be valid on the day of the tournament
RLC Rumble Chess Tournament includes multiple rounds
- K-3 : Players from Grades K-3 can opt to compete in this section with 5 competition rounds
- 5 Round Swiss, G/30;d5 (Affects both Quick and Regular rating)
- K-5 : Players from Grades K-5 can opt to compete in this section with 4 competition rounds
- 4 Round Swiss, G/45;d5 (Affects Regular rating only)
- Trophies will be awarded for winners of each section - 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, Top upset, Top unrated, Top girl
- Medals will be awarded to players with plus score of each section
- Early Bird Registration: $25 per player until November 12, 2019 @ 10pm EST
- Regular Registration: $30 per player until November 15, 2019 @ 10pm EST
- At the Door Registration - not permitted for this tournament
- Rosa Lee Carter Elementary PTO Chess Club Coordinators -- email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can my child buy a lunch?
Students will have the option to bring their lunch/snacks or purchase pizza/snacks at RLC Concessions table.
Can I add/update registration information including participant information?
Yes. (You can register or submit updates to your registrations until November 15, 2019 @ 10pm EST. A USCF ID that is valid on the day of the tournament is must. You can update your regsitration form with any missing information.)
What is the timing of the Tournament Schedule?
Tournament will start at 9:00am and a detailed Hourly schedule will be provided by November 15, 2019. Participants are expected to check-in no later than 8:45am