The vision of Virtual Loudoun is to cultivate quality, flexible, self-paced, virtual learning.
Students will need regular access to a Chromebook, laptop, or desktop computer with a high-speed broadband internet connection1. The device should be audio-enabled, with speakers/headphones and a microphone. (A mobile device alone is not sufficient to complete a Virtual Loudoun course.)
The device must be able to support the recommended minimum requirements below. The following browser recommendations and settings will improve your experience and help to ensure access to the activities and materials in your Virtual Loudoun courses.
Recommended Browsers and Versions
- We recommend you use the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge for the best experience
- Schoology may also operate on other browsers not listed, but with qualifications
- Enable Cookies
- Pop-up Blockers should be disabled
Instructions for browser settings for are available here:
- Firefox help: http://support.mozilla.org
- Chrome help: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/?
- Chromebooks are intended to meet 80%-90% of instructional needs in LCPS. In some cases, such as a program like Virtual Loudoun, they have limitations in some courses.
- Safari help: go to Safari -> Preferences. The settings are located on the Security and Privacy tabs. Additional support can be found here: https://support.apple.com/safari
- Internet Explorer help: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer
- Microsoft Edge help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge
You may need install3 the following programs or add-ons if not already installed on your device:
- Microsoft Office
LCPS students can download free a copy of Microsoft Office here (Log in with your LCPS credentials.)
- A PDF Reader - To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader to be installed on your computer; A PDF browser plugin will let you view PDFs in a browser window without opening a separate program
Download Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/. The download includes the browser plugin. To install this plugin, follow prompts.
For specific device questions related to your Virtual Loudoun course, please see the the Technology Resources page.
Attention Users: Our goal is to provide comprehensive information that will help support you and your student as you navigate the many options beyond high school. The content of outside links is not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools and we do not endorse any specific link or confirm that the information is accurate. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the building principal. Remember that the outside source Web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.