Below is a list of out-of class writing contests for the 2018-2019 school year. Please use the links
* NaNoWriMo - Month of November. https://ywp.nanowrimo.org/.
* Scholastic Arts & Writing Contest (gr. 7-12) Due Dec. 4th. https://www.artandwriting.org/what-we-do/the-awards/categories/#34.
* The National WWII Museum Essay Contest - Due Dec. 28. https://www.nationalww2museum.org/students-teachers/school-programs/essay-contest/middle-school.
* Engineer Girl - Due Feb 1st. https://www.engineergirl.org/42979/2018-Rules.
* We the Student Essay Contest - Due Feb 14 * NCTE Promising Young Writers - Due Feb 15th.https://billofrightsinstitute.org/engage/students-programs-events/scholarship/.
* Western Loudoun Writing Contest - Due March 1st. http://www2.ncte.org/awards/promising-young-writers/.
* Ocean Awareness Contest - Due June 17, 2019 * New York Times Student Contest Calendar – ongoing.https://bowseat.org/programs/ocean-awareness-contest/overview/.* Rachel Carson Intergenerational Sense of Wonder/Sense of the Wild Contest 2018 – ongoing. http://rachelcarsonlandmarkalliance.org/events-outreach/rachel-carson-intergenerational-sense-of-wondersense-of-the-wild-contest-2018/#section5.