Ryan Tyler, Ph.D., Supervisor
Division & School Profiles Stakeholder Surveys Research Requests
The Research Office provides data analysis and information to better inform decisions, advance teaching, and improve learning in Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS).
Announcements: We are currently accepting applications to conduct research in the 2019-2020 school year. Proposals are not reviewed during the month of August.
Data Analysis and ReportsWe collect, analyze, and report student data in multiple formats upon request by the Loudoun County School Board, school and central office staff, and other stakeholders.
Enrollment and Achievement Reports
- Sustaining and Building on the Excellence of LCPS - September 2018 - SOL pass rates by subject and selected subgroups.
- SOL Pass Rate Trends for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools - September 2018
- Stakeholder School Climate Survey Reports - May 2018 - Annual division-wide surveys of school staff, students, and parents about the conditions that impact student achievement
- Central Office Climate Survey Reports - May 2018 - Division-wide staff survey on central office climate
- Update on Strategic Action on Discipline Disproportionality - December 2017 - Trends in suspension rates
- District and School Profiles - Current statistics for Loudoun County Public Schools related to enrollment, demographics, graduation and attendance.
- School Quality Profile - Trends in student achievement, college and career readiness, school safety, and other topic of interst to parents and the general public.
Program Planning and EvaluationOur internal evaluators conduct formative and summative evaluations of new and established instructional initiatives administered within LCPS. The methods for reviewing these programs vary depending on the research questions, program design, and reporting requirements. To inform program staff and other key stakeholders about program implementation and outcomes, we complete evaluation briefs and annual reports.
Review of Research Requests
All research conducted in Loudoun County Public Schools requires written approval. Studies subject to approval include thesis and dissertation research by graduate students, university research projects, surveys by non-LCPS entities, and program evaluations sponsored by external organizations. Click here to access the Research Request Form and information about the approval process.
Survey Design and Analysis
Our in-house specialists manage district and school-level surveys to assess program effectiveness and direct improvement efforts. Click here to be directed to the Stakeholder School Climate Survey Reports.
Technical Assistance for School Improvement
We collaborate with the Office of School Improvement to assist school teams with the identification and monitoring of goals in their school improvement plans.