Division & School Profiles Stakeholder Surveys Research Proposals
The Research Office provides data analysis and information to better inform decisions, advance teaching, and improve learning in Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS).
Announcements: We are currently reviewing applications to conduct research in the 2021-2022 school year. Proposals are not accepted during the month of August.
Data Analysis and ReportsWe collect, analyze, and report student data in multiple formats upon request by the Loudoun County School Board, school and central office staff, and other stakeholders.
Enrollment and Achievement Reports
- Stakeholder School Climate Survey Reports - May/June 2021 - Annual division-wide surveys of school staff, students, and parents about the conditions that impact student achievement
- Sustaining and Building on the Excellence of LCPS - September 2018 - SOL pass rates by subject and selected subgroups.
- SOL Pass Rate Trends for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, High Schools - September 2018
- Update on Strategic Action on Discipline Disproportionality - December 2017 - Trends in suspension rates
- Division Dashboard - District and School Profiles - Current statistics for Loudoun County Public Schools related to enrollment, demographics, graduation, and attendance.
- Virginia School Quality Profile - Trends in student achievement, college and career readiness, school safety, and other topics of interest to parents and the general public.
Program Planning and EvaluationOur internal evaluators conduct formative and summative evaluations of new and established instructional programs administered within LCPS. The methods for reviewing these programs vary depending on the research questions, program design, and reporting requirements. To inform program staff and other key stakeholders of program effectiveness, we complete evaluation briefs and annual reports.
All research conducted in Loudoun County Public Schools requires written approval. Studies subject to approval include thesis and dissertation research by graduate students, university research projects, surveys by non-LCPS entities, and program evaluations sponsored by external organizations. Click here to access the Research Request Form and information about the approval process.
Survey Design and Analysis
Our in-house specialists manage the district and school-level surveys to assess program effectiveness and direct improvement efforts. Click here to be directed to the Stakeholder School Climate Survey Reports.
Technical Assistance for School Improvement
We collaborate with the Office of School Improvement to assist school teams with the identification and monitoring of goals in their school improvement plans.