What is CAMPUS?
CAMPUS is an academic and college preparation program designed to meet the specific needs of students from historically underrepresented groups in higher education and prospective first-generation college students in Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS). The program serves students in grades 9-12. CAMPUS seeks to provide support and encouragement to students who demonstrate the ability to achieve academic success and college admission.
Students must commit to attending mandatory CAMPUS meetings 5nd/or classes during the school day and to attending CAMPUS activities throughout the year. Parents are also an integral part of CAMPUS and its success. Parents are expected to participate in CAMPUS initiatives and support their children in the college search and application process. Admission to and graduation from college are among the goals of CAMPUS Program.
CAMPUS supports students through:
- Academic enrichment and support
- Self-advocacy skills development
- College and university visits
- College and scholarship preparation
- Careful course selection
- Community service projects and activities
2018-2019 Meetings and Events Schedule
- October 6th - FASFA Work Session - PVHS Library - 9:00am-12:00pm
- October 10th - CAMPUS Parents Meeting - Admin. Bldg., Room 102 A/B. 7:00pm-8:30pm
- October 16th - College Trip: James Madison University - Meet in Boardroom 100C @ 7:00am for student attendance. 7:00am-4:00pm
- October 25th - HBCU College Fair: Tuscarora HS 7:00pm-9:00pm
- November 5th - CAMPUS Ambassadors Meeting, Admin Bldg., Rm 102 A/B. 9:00am-11:00am
- November 17th - FIRST FRUITS - Park View High School 7:45am-9:30pm
- February 6th Countywide CAMPUS parent Info. Meeting Admin. Bldg Rm. 102 A/B 7:00pm-8:30pm
- March 19th - College Trip: University of Mary Washington Meet in Boardroom 100C @ 7:00am for student attendance. 7:00am-4:00pm
- March 29th - CAMPUS Ambassadors Mtg, Admin Bldg., Rm102 A/B 9:00am-11:00am
- May 30th CAMPUS Sr. Celebration, Admin. Bldg. Rm 100 ABC & 102 A/B 6:00pm-9:00pm