Carolyn Solares, Coordinator
21000 Education Ct., Room 531
Ashburn, VA 20148
Phone: 571- 252-1393
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: By Appoinment ONLY
Adult Education follows the LCPS extracurricular and evening activities schedule.
There will be no classes when evening activities are canceled.
Starting in Fall 2019, we no longer will have the ability to mail catalogs to residence. The catalog will be available for download on the website, www.lcps.org/adulted. Limited copies will be available at LCPS schools.
Registration for General Education Classes will open for the Fall 2019 on August 5th, 2019. To enroll click on: Online Registration
English for English Learners (EL) Fall Registration dates are available
All GED Preparation Candidates must attend an Informational Session
Adult Education Sites
Academies of Loudoun
42075 Loudoun Academy Drive
Leesburg, VA 20175
Dominion High School
21326 Augusta Drive
Sterling, VA 20164
Loudoun County High School
415 Dry Mill Road, SW
Leesburg, VA 20175
Park View High School
400 West Laurel Avenue
Sterling, VA 20164
Staff Training Center
43711 Partlow Road
Ashburn, VA 20147
Rock Ridge High School
43460 Loudoun Reserve Dr.
Ashburn, VA 20148
Registration - Online and Mail-in
Important Information!Please read carefully before continuing to register online.
If you are new to Adult Education, please click on "Add New Account". Enter your personal information, choose a password, mailing options, and click on "Add Account"
Please note: If you've taken courses with us before, you may already have an account. You can log in to your existing account by typing your email, click on "Forgot Password", and then reset it.
Once logged on, choose your class. You may search by location, city, dates, instructor, etc. Please read all class information carefully (materials needed, date/time/location). The Enrollment Progress bar will display the percentage you already completed.
Click on "Enroll Yourself".
Review course information once again before submitting your request, and finally proceed to enter your payment. You will get an email confirming your successful online registration shortly after submitting your payment.
All refunds must be requested online using the “Refund Request” please click on the web link: Refund Request. If you have any issues submitting your request, do not hesitate to contact the Adult Education Office at 571-252-1393 or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online payments have an extra fee depending on course. To Register by mail or in-person please submit a registration form to the LCPS Adult Education Office and pay with cash, check, or money order.
Many classes become full. To be placed on the waitlist; complete the registration form and mail/fax or call the Adult Education office DO NOT SEND PAYMENT. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted by the Adult Education office and payment will be due then. Once a class begins, the wait list becomes inactive and late registrations will not be accepted.Please note: Enrollment opens August, 5th, 2019.Use this link to use our online registration system: Adult Education Online Registration Website
NOTE: Senior Citizen discount option is not available when using the online registration option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
To take classes with Adult Education you must 18 and older. To receive a Certificate of Attendance, students must have a 70% of participation in class.
How to register for classes & make payment?
- You MUST register before attending a class. Registrations are processed in the order received, and are not accepted after the start of a class.
- Online Registration: (Credit card payment is ONLY accepted with online registrations) for General Adult Class not for English Learners (EL) classes.
- Mail-in/In-Person Registration: (Cash) or Check only) for Cash - exact amount or Checks, make payable to County of Loudoun – Adult Ed. 21000 Education Ct, 531 Ashburn, VA 20148
- English Learners (EL) classes are in-person registration (please refer to registration dates in EL information session).
- GED Preparatory Classes MUST attend an Information Sessions before registering.
Where do I find my Textbook/Supply List?
- Supply and Textbook Information can be found on our website site, please click on the link Supply & Textbook. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please indicate your class name in the subject area and your e-mail will be forward to the instructor.
Are there any Fees when registering for classes?
- Online payments have an extra fee depending on course.
- How do refunds work? Refunds are returned to students in the form of a check if class is cancelled due to low enrollment or Schedule changes are made by the Adult Education Department & it can take up to three weeks for processing. Refunds must be submitted before the class starts, to request a refund please fill out the Refund Request Form. Once you fill out the form it will be sent directly to the Adult Education Office.
- NO REFUNDS will be given after the start of class. NO Switches will be allowed after the start of class.
Do you offer senior citizens discounts?
- Seniors Citizens must be 60 years of age or older, who reside in Loudoun County may register for SOME Classes and receive 25% off the regular tuition fee. Registration must be completed by Mail or In-person; however, first time Senior Citizen must come In-person for age verification.
- Discounts are NOT available when paying by Credit Card. >Senior Citizen Discount are NOT AVAILABLE for the following Classes; this message will be displayed in our Catalog below each subject (No Senior discount available)
Business & Computer Software
Trade & Industry
If you have questions regarding the senior citizen fees, please contact the Adult Education office.
What happens if LCPS Schools are closed?
- Adult Education follows the LCPS extracurricular and evening activities schedule. There will be no classes when evening activities are canceled. Classes will NOT Meet when schools are closed for Holidays (NOTE: Teacher workdays are not considered Holidays)
- For emergencies or school closing; schools may close all day or close early. If the schools are closing or are closed; announcements will be made over the Local Radio, TV stations and Adult Education website, www.lcps.org/adulted.
Local Radios: WTOP 103.5 FM/1500 AM, WINC 92.5 FM, WMAL 630 AM & WROX 107.3
TV Stations: WRC TV 4, WTTG TV 5, WJLA TV 7, WUSA TV 9 & New Channel 8
PLEASE DO NOT CALL SCHOOLS OR SCHOOL BOARD OFFICES
Changes & UpdatesPlease do not send registrations forms prior to August 5th, 2019 - your payment will not be processed, and it will be returned to you.
NO REFUNDS will be given after the start of classes. Refund RequestForm Refund Request MUST be submitted online; Make sure to always review our policies before enrolling.For information on Senior Citizen discount please refer to page (4) on the catalog or on the website lcps.org/adulted under General Information.
For more information about classes please check our Fall Catalog.
Latest Class Updates
Current Classes that are Full:
Supply and Textbook InformationArts & CraftsBusiness & CareerComputer Software/TechnologyFinancial Awareness - No book requiredHorticulture/Floral - No book requiredLanguagesMusicPersonal Improvement - No book requiredPhotographyTrade & IndustryVisual Arts
Adult High School
The Adult High School classes are designed for individuals who need between one (1) and twelve (12) credits to complete their Standard High School Diploma requirements.
August 19, 2019 - February 28, 2020
Adult High School Quick Facts
- A transcript from the last school attended must be presented prior to registration.
- All course work must be completed by May 22, 2020. Classes are online, and self paced. Therefore students must have internet access.
- Students will be assigned independent work through the Credit Recovery Program BUT will be required to meet with instructors on a weekly basis.
- Tuition is $300 per course payable at time of registration by either cash or check. We have no scholarships or financial aid available.
- Meeting with Instructors will be held at Park View High School located at: 400 W. Laurel Avenue, Sterling VA 20164.
- Upon completion of course work, students may obtain a transcript showing their diploma status. Diplomas are available in June.
*ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ADH/GED®, Adult Basic Education, and Adult High School classes.
For more information, please contact the Adult Education Office571-252-1393
English Learners (EL)
English Learners (EL) - Class InformationLoudoun County Public Schools Adult Education Department offers EL classes to Loudoun County residents who desire to improve their understanding of the English language. Instruction is given in reading, writing and speaking.Classes start the week of September 3, 2019 - All levels welcome! Classes range from literacy to advance levels.
- Classes meet twice a week for thirteen (13) weeks.
- Each class is 2.5 hours long (5hrs/wk).
- The class is $170.00 ($150.00 for classes/books + $20.00 non-refundable registration/testing fee).
Registration SessionStudents MUST attend the registration/testing session prior to joining the EL program. Participant’s English Proficiency Level will be determined during registration, and must be done prior to joining classes. Payment is due at the registration/testing session. Registration for all locations will be done at the administration building ONLY (We ask that you do not contact the schools)Please come to our registration session taking place at: LCPS Administration Building, 21000 Education Ct., Ashburn, VA 20148during the dates below:
Bring the following with you:
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Current, Non-expired Picture ID
- Proof of Current Address
- Payment (Cash (exact change), Check or Money Order) $170.00
- Credit card
Registration process is open to the public, and it could take longer than expected. It’s on a “First Come, First Serve” basis.Daytime ClassesStaff Training Center (Ashburn, VA)43711 Partlow RoadAshburn, VA 20147Dates and times will vary depending on the level placed. (Mon/Wed or Tue/Thur)9:00 am - 11:30 am or 11:45 am - 2:15 pmEvening ClassesClasses are held at LCPS High Schools located throughout the county. Be sure to specify your desired study location during the registration session. Rosters will be posted the first day of class!Rock Ridge HS (Ashburn)43460 Loudoun Reserve DriveAshburn, VA 20148(Classes Tues/Thurs evenings)6:30 pm - 9:00 pmLoudoun County HS (Leesburg)415 Dry Mill RoadLeesburg, VA 20175(Classes Mon/Wed evenings)6:30 pm - 9:00 pmPark View HS (Sterling)400 W. Laurel AvenueSterling, VA 20164(Classes Mon/Wed evenings)6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
English Learners (EL) - Aprenda Ingl�sEl programa para Educación para Adultos del Condado de Loudoun (Loudoun County Adult Education) ofrece clases de inglés (EL) a los residentes del Condado de Loudoun que desean mejorar su entendimiento del idioma inglés.Las clases comienzan la semana del 3 de septiembre de 2019 - Todos los niveles son bienvenidos! Nuestros niveles varían de Básico o Principiante a Avanzado.MatrículaEl costo TOTAL de todas las clases de inglés es de $170. Esto incluye $150 por las clases (matricula/libros) + una cuota de inscripción de $20 “no reembolsable” por registro y evaluación. Todos los estudiantes DEBEN asistir a una sesión de registro/evaluación antes de poder asistir a las clases de inglés. El pago de matrícula debe realizarse al momento de registro.RegistroPor favor asista a una de las fechas indicadas a continuación para inscribirse en cualquiera de las clases de EL. La inscripción UNICAMENTE se puede hacer en el edificio de administración, 21000 Education Ct., Ashburn VA 20148 during any of the dates below:
- jueves, 15 de agosto - 5:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m
- sábado, 17 de agosto - 9:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m
- martes, 20 de agosto - 5:30 p.m - 7:30 p.m
Este evento es público, y puede tomar más tiempo de lo anticipado. Se sirve en orden de llegada.Favor de traer la siguiente información a las sesiones de registro:
- Identificación con foto vigente
- Comprobante de vivienda actual
- Pago (efectivo - cantidad exacta, cheque o giro postal)
NOTA: Por favor NO traiga niños a la sesión de registro/evaluación o a las clase
- Tarjeta de crédito
Clases de Inglés Diurnas
Las clases diurnas se reúnen en una misma localidad dos veces por semana. Se le contactará después del proceso de registro para informarle el día y la hora específica de su clase.
Staff Training Center (Ashburn, VA)
43711 Partlow Road
Ashburn, VA 20147
Horario, días y nivel dependerá en el examen. (lunes/miércoles o martes/jueves)
9:00 am - 11:30 am or 11:45 am - 2:15 pmClases de Inglés NocturnasLas clases nocturnas se reúnen en tres localidades diferentes, dos veces por semana.Rock Ridge HS (Ashburn)43460 Loudoun Reserve DriveAshburn, VA 20148(Clases martes y Jueves, todas las clases se reúnen de)6:30 pm - 9:00 pmLoudoun County HS (Leesburg)415 Dry Mill RoadLeesburg, VA 20175(Clases lunes y miércoles,todas las clases se reúnen de)6:30 pm - 9:00 pmPark View HS (Sterling)400 W. Laurel AvenueSterling, VA 20164(Clases lunes y miércoles,todas las clases se reúnen de)6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
GED Prep ProgramGeneral Educational Development (GED) Preparatory Class InformationEnglish proficiency (In All Areas, Writing, Reading, Speaking & Listening) is required for all GED classes.Contact us by clicking on the calendar above. We can answer all your questions, no commitment necessary!A required Information Session will be held on: Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 at 10:30am. at the LCPS Administration Building, 21000 Education Ct. Room 531, Ashburn, VA 20148. Address questions at 571-252-1393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.NOTE: Children are not allowed during the Information Session or during classes. Please arrive on time, the Information Session will start promptly at 10:00 am.Placement - Prior to starting any classes, you must attend our Informational Session, and take our placement exam. This test will assist with obtaining your academic progress which will help us to place you in the appropriate classes. This test is pre-paid by credit card, check, cash or MO which is can be paid the day you attend our informational session.Location and Dates - Please note our new location for classes starting on Fall 2019Dominion High School - Tues/Wed/Thurs - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm.Next In- person Session Begins - August 6, 2019 - October 10, 2019 (Each session is 10 weeks in length).Next Online Session Begins (Prerequisites Apply) - August 12, 2019 - November 11, 2019(All four subjects available + academic support)Tuition - Every session has a total cost of $180. Tuition is due in full prior to class start. $20 Non-Refundable (Registration & Testing) + $160 (Tuition and Books).Additional Information - Click a link below for more information about the GED Program
The LCPS Adult Education Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to adult students. If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate, please contact the Adult Education Office, 571-252-1393 or via email: email@example.com to discuss your specific needs.