Job for a Day
The Loudoun School-Business Partnership will be sponsoring the Job-for-a-Day Program for high school juniors and seniors on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 (B-day). There is a second date only for those students placed at INOVA Loudoun Hospital and Loudoun County Public Schools on Monday, November 18, 2019 (A-day). Students who participate in the program will spend one day with a business in the community that is involved in a career in which the student is interested.
The goals of this program are:
- Allow students to explore fields in which they have an interest or aptitude.
- Offer students exposure to career clusters about which they have not previously known.
- Strengthen students awareness of business, industry, and business enterprises within the community.
- Heighten students decision-making processes related to life skills and career choices.
- Provide students with hands-on experiences with people, places, and things not always available in the classroom or school environment.
- Help students learn about job/career opportunities within the local area.
There are a fixed number of placements available in each career choice, so apply early to secure a placement. You also must submit a copy of your resume. These forms are the all-important first impression that the placement committee and business partnership sponsor have of you. You will want to make a good first impression.
You are responsible for your own transportation. If this presents a major problem or if you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Stewart in the Career Center.
Students have 15 minutes to complete their registration in order to keep the job they want.
Be sure to have your resume ready to upload. After registering, you will only have 48 hours to complete the Student/Parent agreement or the job will be released to another student.
Applications will be taken on a first come first serve basis so be sure to apply early!
- October 11th - Student preview opens HERE
- October 14th @ 8:00am through October 21st-Registration opensHERE
- October 23rd-Job assignment confirmed and placement letters sent via e-mail
- November 11th - Mandatory INOVA student/parent orientation for those working at INOVA
- November 13th - Job for a Day
- November 18th - INOVA and LCPS Job for a Day