All Quarters Language Arts
3.3 The student will apply-word analysis skills when reading.
- Decode multi-syllabic words
- Regular/irregular vowel patterns
3.4 The student will expand vocabulary when reading
- Context clues
- Roots, affixes, prefixes, and suffixes
- Glossary, dictionary, and thesaurus
3.5/3.6 The students will read and demonstrate comprehension of fictional/nonfictional text and poetry.
- Main Idea/supporting details
- Purpose for reading
- Make connections
- Author’s purpose
- Draw conclusions
3.1 The student will use effective communication skills in group activities.
- Table of contents
- Reference books/online resources
3.9 The student will write for a variety of purposes.
3.10 The student will edit writing for correct grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
- Use complete sentences
- Apostrophes in contractions, pronouns and in possessives.
- Articles a, an, and the.
- Spelling frequently used sight words