PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES AT STERLING MIDDLE SCHOOL
Parent-teacher conferences are essential to helping your child succeed.
The parent-teacher conference is a chance for you to:
- meet your child's teachers,
- share your concerns and goals with the teacher since the beginning of the school year,
- understand what is expected of your student in each subject,
- learn how your child is doing academically and how you can help at home, and
- ask questions that you have for all teachers.
How to Prepare for the Conference
- Let the school know that you need an interpreter
- Write a reminder about the date and time of the conference and place it somewhere visible
- Write down your questions the night before for each subject
- Arrive to the conference on time.
- Talk about your biggest concerns first.
- Listen carefully and ask questions when you do not understand something.
- Plan with the teacher about how you could help your student at home and plan to follow up.
- Thank the teacher and make sure we have your updated information with current phone numbers
- Talk with your child at home and make him feel that we are a team working towards his or her success.