There are a variety of activities we do to implement our PBIS program.
- We introduce students to our school motto...” A Mighty Macaw is always RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE AND READY!”
- We participate in classroom lessons in which students talk about appropriate and inappropriate behaviors around the school. To start these discussions, teachers had their classrooms complete A Mighty Macaw in the Classroom is…” POSTERS!”
- We hang POSTERS up around the school as a reminder of expected behaviors.
- We participate in a positive incentive plan by allowing classes to earn STICKERS for behavior during specials, in the hallways, or cafeteria. The class with the most stickers ant the end of the month wins a prize! **Prizes are determined at the individual classroom levels**
- We recognize one student from each class who displays our CHARACTER COUNTS for that month.
- We hold QUARTERLY ASSEMBLIES to recognize our Mighty and Marvelous Macaws.