School Board Committees & Meeting Minutes
2020 Committees and Liaison Appointments
The Loudoun County School Board maintains committees to facilitate its supervision of the school division.
The School Board charters the standing committees listed below.
Committee documents from January 2019 to the present are available in the Meeting Agendas & Documents tab. Committee documents prior to January 2019 are available through the committee links in the list below.
- Charter School Committee—responsible for representing the Board in its ongoing relationship with approved charter schools.
- Communications and Outreach Committee—responsible for reviewing and recommending initiatives related to School Division communication with the community.
- Curriculum and Instruction Committee—responsible for the oversight, policy and programming related to instructional programs.
- Discipline Committee—responsible for hearing appeals of student disciplinary decisions.
- Equity Committee – responsible for researching current LCPS practices and policies related to Equity across the Division.
- Finance and Facilities Committee—responsible for oversight, policy and operational recommendations related to finance and facilities.
- Human Resources and Talent Development Committee—responsible for providing oversight and policy recommendations in personnel-related matters.
- Joint Committee with the Board of Supervisors—responsible for representing the views and policies of the School Board to the Board of Supervisors.
- Legislative and Policy Committee—responsible for initiating, recommending and monitoring the School Board’s legislative program.
- Student Support and Services Committee—responsible for oversight and policy recommendations in the areas of special education and other student support services.
The School Board has chartered an ad hoc committee for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Ad Hoc Committee on the Academies of Loudoun—responsible for shaping the design concept and ongoing monitoring of the Academies of Loudoun.
Two committees recently completed their work:
- Ad Hoc Committee on Special Education—responsible for reviewing policies and making recommendations regarding Special Education services.
- Discipline Task Force—responsible for reviewing data, practices and standards related to school discipline and making recommendations to the Discipline Committee.
For a full description of the School Board’s committee structure, please read Policy 2310.Read the complete listing of appointments to the 2020 Committees* for the Loudoun County School Board.
*Non-committee member School Board members may attend and participate (but not vote). If one or more additional board members attend and participate, then this notice shall serve as public notice of a board meeting and/or informal assemblage.
Board Meetings & Documents
Loudoun County Public Schools utilizes an online document service to share agendas, minutes and supporting documents associated with Standing and Select School Board Committees.
To access approved committee meeting minutes, follow these steps after navigating to the Board Meetings & Documents system:
- From the landing page, select “Enter Public Site"
- Select the “Meetings” tab on the top of the page
- From the left-hand column, search for the desired committee meeting by scrolling through the chronological listing of meetings
- Select the desired meeting then choose the “View the Agenda” icon which appears below the meeting information in the center of the page
- Access approved minutes under the “Minutes” category of the meeting agenda