- All students are unique, and when given a safe, nurturing environment, will succeed to their fullest potential.
- All students should have access to a high quality education.
- School Counselors are advocates for every student.
- All students have the right to be heard and treated with respect.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
The mission of the Sterling Elementary School counseling program is to provide comprehensive school counseling services with equal access to all students. Our programs and lessons are designed to help all students develop and enhance their academic, social, career, and personal strengths in order to become responsible and productive citizens. In partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and the community, we strive to ensure that all students develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary to be successful in our changing society.
The Vision of Sterling Elementary School Counseling Department is that all students will achieve academic success, social emotional growth, and will attain a fulfilling career in the future that is aligned with their interests and abilities. Students will be prepared to function as empowered members of our community where they show empathy, compassion, and respect for all.