Bus Ridership Eligibility
LCPS Transportation services shall be provided for elementary students living more than one (1.0) mile and middle and high school students living more than one and one-quarter (1.25) miles from the front door of their boundary specific school of assignment. Elementary students eligible for transportation may be required to walk up to one (1.0) mile to reach a bus stop. Middle and high school students eligible for transportation may be required to walk up to one and one-quarter (1.25) miles to a bus stop.
Where's My Bus Stop Located?
For safety and security reasons, LCPS Transportation does not post bus stop locations to the general public.
The location of your child’s bus stop is contained within ParentVUE. A ParentVUE account is required and can be obtained via your child’s school or school website. To register clicking here.
Please note: Students must access Phoenix the first time from a computer in their school to be able to access ParentVue at home.
Bus Route Information (Bus transportation information is not available in the ParentVUE mobile application.)
To view your child’s bus route information, simply log into the ParentVUE web application, by clicking here. Once you have logged in, the bus route information is located within the “Student Info” tab under the heading “Transportation Information”.
Bus Route To School
Pick Up Bus Stop
MMS.106 - DILIGENCE CT & DESTINY DR
Est. Pick Up Time
Bus Route From School
Drop Off Bus Stop
MMS.106 - DILIGENCE CT & DESTINY DR
*Est. Drop Off Time
*NOTE: This is an ESTIMATED drop off time. Many factors can affect this time estimate.
To understand in more detail how ParentVUE can be an excellent resource, click here to see additional tips, FAQs, video and more.
Collaboration between the Department of Digital Innovation and the Transportation Division will give parents and guardians the ability to make alternative transportation requests using ParentVUE. Alternative Transportation is defined as “Transportation to/from a location that is not the bus stop established based on the student’s home address.” Examples are daycare or a family member’s residence. Requests for alternative transportation must also be to a location within the attendance area of your student’s school of assignment.
To request alternative transportation parents must use the ParentVUE Student Information menu item. After selecting “Edit Information,” parents can enter the requested transportation location and acknowledge the conditions in PVUE. Alternative transportation requests will be reviewed by the Lead Driver responsible for the student’s school. Each request is for an individual student only and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Parents and the student’s school will be notified by email regarding the status of the request.
Alternative transportation requests will begin June 22, 2018. Approved requests will have their alternative bus stops assigned for the start of the 2018 – 2019 school year. Requests placed after July 13th will not have finalized answers until all routes have been adjusted following the start of school which is projected to be early October. This is necessary because of the time needed to adjust and finalize routes after school starts.The turnaround time on Alternative Transportation requests during the June to July window is expected to be a month. The time for reviews to be completed during October 2018 through June 2019 is expected to be 7 to 10 days.
What’s Alternative Transportation? It’s “Transportation to/from a location that is not the bus stop assigned to the student based on their home address.” Examples are a daycare facility or a family member’s residence (such as a grandparent) located outside the assigned bus stop location. Requests for alternative transportation must be to a location within the attendance area of your student’s school of assignment.
Please note: If your student is/or planning to attend the CASA Program or YAS Program, you do not need to enter this as a request for Alternative Transportation. Shuttle transportation to school locations is provided under each program.
Instructions for submitting a request:
Click here for a Quick Tips document.
- Go to ParentVUE and log in
- Click the name of the student for whom you are submitting the request
- Click on the Student Information menu item
- Click on Edit Information button
- Scroll to the Alternative Transportation section
- Select YES from the I request LCPS Transportation menu
- Enter requested site information
- Review the Affirmation section and acknowledge conditions
- Click on the Save Changes button
Only parents or guardians can submit requests for alternative transportation.
Kindergarten Transportation: Rules & ResponsibilitiesLCPS Kindergarten
- Students must be met by a parent, guardian, or escort at the bus stop during drop off.
- Students are issued a Kindergarten tag to attach to their backpack/bookbag. Please leave the tag in place as it is utilized for the entire school year. Tags are also provided to parents, guardians, or authorized escorts. Both the student tag and parent/guardian/escort tag will be labeled with the student ID number. The tag must be presented to the bus driver at the bus door when meeting the Kindergarten child at the bus stop.
- If a replacement or additional tags are needed, please contact your school secretary.
- Kindergarten students are released first from the bus so the driver can ensure a parent or guardian is available to receive the child.
- Any students not met will be returned to the school office at the end of the bus run. In this case, parents will be required to pick up the student at the school office.
Field Trip Information and Forms
Field Trip Forms
Activity Bus Stops
Activity Bus Stops
After school activities is determined by the school administration
Each school determines if they will offer an activity run
LCPS Transportation maintains the activity run schedule and stops
Parents are responsible for transportation from the regional stop to home
Stop times may vary depending on student ridership volume
Admin Pool Distance Regulations/Rental Vehicle Information
LCPS Staff: For information regarding LCPS Pool Vehicle Reservation Procedures, Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservations and Accident Procedures, click here to download the procedures document.
SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!